ElantraXD - Hyundai announces 2013 Elantra changes
  • Hyundai announces 2013 Elantra changes

A few changes here and there. Nothing major, but changes none the less. Standard AC and 16 wheels on the GLS M/T is the biggest update. I guess its started to get more expensive producing a few non-AC models.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyundai Press Release
    HYUNDAI ANNOUNCES EXCITING MODEL YEAR CHANGES FOR 2013 ELANTRA
    COSTA MESA., Mar. 23, 2012 – Elantra, the 2012 North American Car of the Year and one of the hottest selling cars in the country, will continue its record setting pace with changes for the 2013 model year. On sale now, the 2013 Elantra GLS and Limited lineups will further delight shoppers with new standard and optional equipment.

The 2013 Elantra GLS M/T now comes with the same level of equipment as the 2012 Elantra GLS M/T with Comfort Package. For shoppers, this means the Elantra GLS M/T now comes standard with air-conditioning, 16- versus 15-inch wheels, cruise control, telescopic steering wheel and solar glass with windshield shade band. Heated front seats are also now included on the high volume GLS A/T Preferred Package.

Elantra Limited adds a standard power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and an available Dual Automatic Temperature Control with Clean Air Ionizer and Auto Defog System as part of the Limited Technology Package.

NEW EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 ELANTRA
    • The GLS M/T base model has been upgraded to include air conditioning, cruise control, 16-inch steel wheels, telescopic steering wheel and solar glass with windshield shade band (2012MY M/T Comfort Package)
    • Heated front seats have been added to the GLS A/T Preferred Package
    • Power driver seat with lumbar support has been added as a standard feature to the Limited trim
    • Dual automatic temperature control has been added to the Limited Technology Package
    • Atlantic Blue has been added the color palette

Elantra continues to deliver an EPA certified 29 mpg city and 40 mpg highway, producing a highway-only driving range of up to 500 miles. Entering the third model year of sales, no other competitor has yet to offer 40 mpg highway standard for all trim levels. Led by Elantra, sales of Hyundai 40 mpg models (Accent, Veloster, Elantra, Sonata Hybrid) have made Hyundai number one in fuel economy and CO2 emissions in America by topping the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel economy rankings for the 2010 model year, beating out traditional leaders Honda and Toyota. No automaker scored higher than Hyundai. This is the second time Hyundai has led in both categories, having achieved this distinction previously for the 2008 model year.

The EPA 2011 Light-Duty Automotive Technology and Fuel Economy Trends Report identified Hyundai as the top 2010 brand with an adjusted fuel economy rating of 27.0 miles per gallon. In addition to being named the most fuel efficient brand, Hyundai also had the lowest fleet-wide adjusted composite CO2 emissions performance (329 g/mi) for the 2010 model year.

The EPA 2011 Trends Report also indicates that preliminary 2011 model year values suggest that Hyundai will maintain its fuel economy leadership. Forecasts show that Hyundai will achieve an adjusted fuel economy rating of 27.5 miles per gallon in the 2011 model year.

Fuel economy is the primary reason for purchasing a new car in the compact segment, especially with gas prices exceeding $4 per gallon in many areas of the U.S. Due to rising fuel costs, more than 60 percent of compact car buyers are downsizing for better fuel efficiency with many of these buyers choosing highly contented vehicles.

Elantra also leads its segment in residual value having won the ALG Residual Value Award in the Compact Car segment for the second year in a row.
    Comments 4 Comments
      I'm guessing you still can't get a sun roof and a premium sound system on the Manual transmission. I don't get what is wrong with all these car companies I WANT A MANUAL TRANSMISSION i don't want to pay 2k more for something I don't even want just so I can get a sunroof and other gadgets.
      Zero, are you signed up at HyundaiThinkTank.com? It's a HyundaiUSA community owner site. They are having a poll there now about what types of equipment makes sense for cars. I specifically put that I hated that sunroofs were always packaged in with other crap. Since I don't care about having a sunroof I'd hate to have to pay for it to get the other stuff I want. Go over there and you might just have a say in things (sure, a little small say that might not amount to anything, but a say none the less). Plus ThinkTank is awesome and they give away stuff all the time.
      Sweet, thanks. I will definitely check it out. I really like Hyundai's vehicles. I've had two so far and am considering a new Tucson for my rock climbing trips and winter driving and keeping my XD2 as a summer car. But same thing, if I want a stick shift I can't get the sunroof.
      I've updated the UD/MD forum to reflect that it covers all 2011-2013 model year sedans.
  • Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests

• Facebook Fans

ElantraXD on Facebook

mkjh

So I got the puddle lights in the mail today. I took both mirrors off and both door panels off. I had a VERY difficult time trying to figure out how to

Re: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

mkjh Yesterday, 11:17 PM Go to last post
    Curtis

DIY, port matching is pretty easy

Re: Intake Manifold

Curtis Yesterday, 09:13 PM Go to last post
    Curtis

I havent been on here for a long time!

But I'm in the works of building a forged engine for my Elantra XD.

I got in contact

Turbo build - What head is best suited

Curtis Yesterday, 09:04 PM Go to last post
    Diode Dynamics

RGB Footwell and Grille Lighting Kit shown on our 2016 F-150 SEMA Build

FS: Elantra LED Conversion Kit! Upgrade your lights, great mod! easy install!

Diode Dynamics Yesterday, 11:49 AM Go to last post
    KDM Mods

Anybody find anything out about this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hyundai VAPS

KDM Mods Yesterday, 09:37 AM Go to last post
  • Featured Product

• Donations.

If you like ElantraXD and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. All donations are greatly appreciated.

Select your preferred currency and donation amount, then click the donate button.

• EXD Events