Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Tiburon Supercharger

8K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  tricked03gls 
#1 · (Edited)
Stop me if you've seen this somewhere else, but my friend works for a car mod shop (don't know the name), and they've developed a supercharger kit (includes other stuff obviously, no NOS though) for a Tiburon/Sonata V6 that ups the horses to 315 at the wheels. It costs $3800. Anyone interested?

#4 ·
Yeah, i know, I have an Elantra too - but sometimes people have second cars, or have friends with tiburons - i'm just saying. It's why I posted in the "Other cars" section? Sheesh.

#7 ·
Yeah I thought it might be old news, but I haven't really been into cars for that long (like a month), so I figured it'd just throw it out there. I guess I'll find out more info from him tonight.

#8 ·
yea im sure everyone on NT has heard about it by now

#9 ·
Actually there was an interview with RIPP on ESPN yesterday...I was not too impressed being that you need to keep the refilling teh system.

--NY

#10 · (Edited)
I saw this interview... and the part with the refilling is the water / alcohol injection.. you only need that if you are setup for the highest boost possible...

it uses a vortech centrifugal supercharger (Very different than the alpine system) and it makes gobs of mid range & top end power... :)

And i thought the price was like $5000 but i could be wrong. lol

I've also seen this unit up close.. its very high quality. :)

#12 ·
Yeah, the one on ESPN was it. Actually, if you saw the part where the camera was being chased by that line of cars, my friend was driving the camera car. Since he's my friend, and he works there, I can get it for $3800. Now. Screw the public - I'm not the public.

And how is it old news if it's not even publicly available?

#15 ·
Considering that RIPP goes off of a "pre-payment" and he made sure he had a lot to get the project going then when they were finished they shipped them out to people to test so to speak

#17 ·
XWRed5W3 said:
Stop me if you've seen this somewhere else, but my friend works for a car mod shop (don't know the name), and they've developed a supercharger kit (includes other stuff obviously, no NOS though) for a Tiburon/Sonata V6 that ups the horses to 315 at the wheels. It costs $3800. Anyone interested?

315 at the wheels is total bs my good friend has one of the fastest tibs in the country, with one of the best sc kits stage 3 alpine, with mafterburner and alot of shit done to it and has 250 to the wheels...so im gonna hafta say bs on the 315 :headshake :thumbsdow

#20 · (Edited)
Assuming that 315whp is true, then they've managed to double the HP output to the wheels. If they could build a similar SC kit for the i4 Tib/Elantra, we could/should be looking at 240whp. I have a magazine laying around here somewhere that has a big article on the RIPP SC kit....I'm gonna have to read that again.

EDIT: Ok, I found it. It's the May '05 issue of HCI. "The RIPP SDS Stage One kit increases the output of the Tiburon with a five-speed transmisson from 172hp to 335hp, with only 4 psi of boost. According to RIPP, an additional 11-15hp can be realized with the addition of an aftermarket exhaust system. The Stage Two SDS system belts out 371hp with the use methanol injection, a high volume Walbro 255 fuel pump, 9-psi pulley, and the RIPP black box."

#26 ·
well...
i don't know about tc's stuff or his highest whp cars...
but nt.com's wild COTM is pumping out 330whp. http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=684453&posted=1#post684453l=

running 12 psi boost with alpine SC kit. he has quite a lotta other mods too.

i'm really not sure what this thread is all about ( i think i saw like 5 separate discussions or maybe i'm just too tired), but i thought i'd just throw in some proven facts. you guys can continue talking about whatever it was that you were. i'm hitting the sack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.