Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About my thread that was locked

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  rckozma 
#1 · (Edited)
This is the thread I mean.. http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14247

First off I did not mention ANYTHING about street racing in that thread. Find me using the word streetracing in that thread, I cant speak for the other people that posted about street racing in that thread but I didnt. Every car I have raced has been raced in the proper areas and the ones that werent raced in the proper areas where not mentioned in that thread, so by locking that be4 I was spoken to about it was WRONG. I have been around XD long enough (3 years) to know the rules. The reason why I said in the first post of that thread that it was gonna get locked because I knew the mods were gonna assume that it was about street racing, but on the other hand I figured one of you would just know that I dont break rules and its not about racing in the streets so theres no point to me posting in that thread "this isnt about street races". Why couldent one of the mods PM me and ask me if it was about street racing? Why do people assume :rolleyes:

Its not my fault if you guys (the mods) and James took that thread the wrong way, but ill say it again.. I never once used the word "street racing" in that thread.

Mods you can lock this if you would like, I just wanted to make it clear that I know the rules and I was not looking to break them.

Rob :)

See less See more
#3 ·
The thread should have been locked no matter if you were the one posting about street racing or not. It was most likely done to protect the board from suffering and not just to cause a problem for you in any way. Just be specific when starting the thread and tell people to post about who they've owned on the race track. That way people who aren't aware of the rules won't make mistakes that ruin it for everyone. I'm sure that nobody had anything against you.

#5 · (Edited)
"Ok im sure this will be locked but im so bored and I dont have school or work today...

What cars have you smoked with your elantra?"

In the time it took you to type "I'm sure this thread is going to get locked" you could have typed "at the track" three times.

You had no reason to type that unless you knew what you were doing was wrong, or you were just trying to make trouble. You knew exactly what people were going to assume.

If someone said to you "I know you're probably going to get mad if I tell you this, but your mom was great last night!" Would think that they are trying to do anything but piss you off? It doesn't matter what they mean if they are saying it in a manner which they know will provoke a negative response.

#6 ·
No offense, but what is so cool about smoking the cars that were mentioned in the above thread posted. Now I would like to know what types of cars KDMguy has beatin at the track. That would impress me more than daily driver eco cars. I saw some muscle in the last post but most were cars that would be just a know win or loss. I would rather have seen the post made about "What kind of surprise wins have you had at the track" Then your post would have not been closed maybe. I can understand the EXD doesn't want the site to look like it supports street racing and I see your point of wanting to know how our cars compare. If only you would have had the word track in there I bet it would still be open. And if not, then I think the street racing posts should be deleted, so that the thread could stay open for valuable information. I mean, you put mods on your car and when you go to the track and race, this could be important stuff for everyone to know what the winner would be.

Well, hope I did not offend any one, just how I was seeing the whole situation.

Cheers,
Jason

#7 · (Edited)
importdriver05 said:
you go rob tell it like it is, i didnt see the word in your thread "street racing".
My point exactly!!!! :D

Dan, Jason I understand what you guys are saying and it makes sense but I still did not use the word street racing.

Dan, I was not looking to make trouble by putting "im sure this thread will be lock" I only said that because I was 99% sure that the mods and some members where gonna assume I was talking about street racing and they did! So what bothered me was.. Why couldent a mod or james post in the thread "are you talking about street racing or track racing?"

Jason to be honest with you I am more interested in what cars a Hyundai Elantra can beat then what KDMguy is beating at the track. A worked hyundai is not something you dont see everyday. A 400HP tiburon is sweet and so is a fast camero but its not a worked elantra, haha.

Im not looking for this thread to be a long one, I just wanted to say what I said in the first post and that I was not looking to make the mods or james think I wanted to break the rules when I know the rules very well after 3 years of being a member at the old XD and this one.

:)

#10 ·
03SilverBullet said:
Dan, I was not looking to make trouble by putting "im sure this thread will be lock" I only said that because I was 99% sure that the mods and some members where gonna assume I was talking about street racing and they did!
If you were 99% sure that they were going to assume street racing, then why didn't you just say in the first post "at the track, not on the street"? If you were so sure that they were going to see it as a lockable topic, then why are you complaining now seeing how they've reacted to threads like this in the past? (Since you've been around 3 years you've had to have seen threads like this before). Are you just trying to start something?

#11 ·
Mr. Dan said:
"Ok im sure this will be locked but im so bored and I dont have school or work today...

What cars have you smoked with your elantra?"

In the time it took you to type "I'm sure this thread is going to get locked" you could have typed "at the track" three times.

You had no reason to type that unless you knew what you were doing was wrong, or you were just trying to make trouble. You knew exactly what people were going to assume.

If someone said to you "I know you're probably going to get mad if I tell you this, but your mom was great last night!" Would think that they are trying to do anything but piss you off? It doesn't matter what they mean if they are saying it in a manner which they know will provoke a negative response.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Exactly why it was locked.

03SilverBullet said:
Dan, I was not looking to make trouble by putting "im sure this thread will be lock" I only said that because I was 99% sure that the mods and some members where gonna assume I was talking about street racing and they did! So what bothered me was.. Why couldent a mod or james post in the thread "are you talking about street racing or track racing?"
I am confused here, you were 99% sure that we and other members were gonna assume it was about street racing and we did, but you are still upset that when it was assumed and street racing posts were made it was locked?

And yes I know silver you are not trouble maker, the thread was locked because it was assumed it was about street racing and there were posts in it about street racing. Again at the same time that you started it you should have taken the extra 2 seconds to add "at the track". Like you said you know the rules, and the rules are that street racing threads will be locked. Whether you intended it as a street racing thread or not, it ended up that way because you were not clear in your original post and the thread got locked.

I hope this is done, if not send any of us mods a PM and we can discuss it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.