Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Rotor stuck on for 2000 Elentra GLS

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  XDGT03 
#1 ·
I removed the 2 screws on the rotor. Should this thing just slide off?

#3 ·
It should be the same. If they are the fronts, they may be tough to get off. I know one of my was. Try to put a rubber mallet or a piece of wood on the backside, and then whack it with a sledge hammer, working around in a circle. It should eventually loosen up.

#7 ·
From 99 and up the rotors are the same. Rust is holding it stuck. Tap around the hat and try to break it loose. If the small hold down bolt broke, drill it out. If one of the studs broke, drive it out with a punch. The two small bolts are really needed.

#12 ·
I just changed mine on my 03 to slotted/drilled. The p/s rotor was a biatch to get off. It was both stuck to the hub and the hub was rusted around the center so the rotor would not slide off. I used lots of wd-40 a regular hammer and block of wood.

I recently changed the fronts on a 99 mercury cougar at a brake shop and actually had to break the rotors to get them off.

Make sure you get wire wheel the rust off and use a bit of brake grease. A very very thin amount on the flat surfaces, otherwise the wheels will not bolt up solid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.