Avante XD
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avante XD

SkaterCarl SkaterCarl has not yet proved knowledgeable

Question Avante XD

Ok, I'm probably gonna look really dumb asking this, but I keep seeing "Avante XD", and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone tell me?

My Car Domain

-- C-Biskit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Superfly TnT, Guns of ... ArunSenior04 knows about Elantras ArunSenior04's Avatar

Default Re: Avante XD

Its the Korean name of the Elantra. Xd standing for eXcellent Driving.
    I am openly BLACK. it is cool to be different 1 of 5 black members on this forum

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS (COTM Dec. '06) - RIP
    2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Player to be named later Doohickie has picked up a wrench Doohickie's Avatar

Elantra = model for export markets
    Avante = same model for KDM (Korean Domestic Market)
    XD = the platform designation for Elantras and Avantes for the 2001-2006 model years

From 2001-2003, it is referred to as the XD or XD1; from 2004-2006, it is referred as XD2 (but all are built on the XD platform). The XD2 featured an update of the grill, hood, headlights, trunk lid and tail lights; the introduction of the CVVT version of the Beta engine; and a slight interior update with a slightly differerent dash fascia and also some different seat colors (I think).

(oh, and yeah, you look pretty dumb, but don't worry, we've all been there )
    Make an ELANTRAXD decal the next mod to your Elantra. Become a Pro Member today.

Workin' robs02elantra has not yet proved knowledgeable robs02elantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickie
    (oh, and yeah, you look pretty dumb, but don't worry, we've all been there )
    haha, excellent.

Ahh, alright. Now, I saw someone on Car Domain saying "Soon to upgrade to an Avante XD" or something like that. Is that just bull? Or is there actually an upgraded difference?

My Car Domain

-- C-Biskit

Full Member Mr. Dan has not yet proved knowledgeable Mr. Dan's Avatar

The Avante XD has some options that are not available to American and Canadian customers, such as an OEM front strut bar, digital climate control and satellite navigation system. Actually, I'm not sure if the Satellite is available in the states or not. The Avante also come with a curious and mostly useless hook on the back of the passenger seat.
    '04 Avante XD Racing, OEM F strut bar, Kspec R strut bar, painted calipers, painted Engine cover, TWM shifter, GRX blue and red ground wire kit, 19.2 Tuscani stabilizer bar, Kumho Ecsta MX tires

Player to be named later Doohickie has picked up a wrench Doohickie's Avatar

Right. There are several upscale options available for KDM that are not offered in the North American Market. I think several of those features may be available on Elantras in the Euro, Australian and Indian markets though. If you take any model in the U.S. and upsize one class, that is roughly the way it is viewed by the rest of the world. So the Sonata in the U.S. occupies the same market niche as the Elantra/Avante just about everywhere else; hence the Elantra is available everywhere else with the kinds of comfort and convenience options you would expect on a Sonata in the U.S.- things like a rear center armrest/console.
    Last edited by Doohickie; 07-21-2006 at 05:28 PM.
    Make an ELANTRAXD decal the next mod to your Elantra. Become a Pro Member today.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

Well put Doo.
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

Haha, well damn them with their better options.

My Car Domain

-- C-Biskit

Newbie geokh has not yet proved knowledgeable

Dear,
    Can any one help me to get me English Catalog for "Avante XD 1.6 WT Gold",thank fro help

+ Reply to Thread