Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Avante XD

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  geokh 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm probably gonna look really dumb asking this, but I keep seeing "Avante XD", and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone tell me?

#3 ·
Elantra = model for export markets
Avante = same model for KDM (Korean Domestic Market)
XD = the platform designation for Elantras and Avantes for the 2001-2006 model years

From 2001-2003, it is referred to as the XD or XD1; from 2004-2006, it is referred as XD2 (but all are built on the XD platform). The XD2 featured an update of the grill, hood, headlights, trunk lid and tail lights; the introduction of the CVVT version of the Beta engine; and a slight interior update with a slightly differerent dash fascia and also some different seat colors (I think).

(oh, and yeah, you look pretty dumb, but don't worry, we've all been there :D)

#6 ·
The Avante XD has some options that are not available to American and Canadian customers, such as an OEM front strut bar, digital climate control and satellite navigation system. Actually, I'm not sure if the Satellite is available in the states or not. The Avante also come with a curious and mostly useless hook on the back of the passenger seat. :)

#7 · (Edited)
Right. There are several upscale options available for KDM that are not offered in the North American Market. I think several of those features may be available on Elantras in the Euro, Australian and Indian markets though. If you take any model in the U.S. and upsize one class, that is roughly the way it is viewed by the rest of the world. So the Sonata in the U.S. occupies the same market niche as the Elantra/Avante just about everywhere else; hence the Elantra is available everywhere else with the kinds of comfort and convenience options you would expect on a Sonata in the U.S.- things like a rear center armrest/console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.