Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How do I get a bird outta my basement?

9K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  robs02elantra 
#1 ·
No jokes... I woke up this morning to a loud crashing noise so I figured my cat was just being stupid and knocking things over. So I go into the part of my basement that isn't finished and see some boxes knocked over and my cat. Then all the sudden something flys from behind me over my head. Yep, there is a little bird in there. There is only one small window so I opened it but apparently it doesn't understand it needs to go out it. Meanwhile the cat is jumping around trying to eat it, but I don't think she is going to be successful.

So, what do I do?

#2 · (Edited)
Let the cat eat it.

Seriously, you could try to use a net of some kind (fishing or butterfly) and capture it. Even try to catch it with a bucket. Then use cardboard put put over the opening of the bucket and let it go outside.

#4 ·
You've already got the right idea opening the window... turn off the rest of the lights so it sees the window better. After that, I usually just chase them out with a broom. My cat's not too successful either.

#12 ·
yea cats i notice since i have one dont really have any smartness lol all they do is run into walls and meow , annoying as heck somtimes reminds me last nite she was actually begging like a dog for some tuna my mom was fixin lol she kept pawing at my mom it was funny and cute

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.