Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

p0010 Code - What is it and am I in danger?

26K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  BobMs_wht2k2 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT

I can't get to a dealer until sometime next week but according to an Autozone Computer I got Code p0010 which has something to do with the Cam Shaft. My check engine light is on (which is why I connected the computer). What is the common problem of this and am I in danger by driving it for the week? Glad I found this forum!

#2 ·
P0010 Camshaft position (CMP) actuator, intake/left/front, bank 1 – circuit malfunction Wiring, CMP actuator, ECM

#3 ·
Searching owns you:

P0010 Camshaft position (CMP) actuator, intake/left/front, bank 1 – circuit malfunction Wiring, CMP actuator, ECM

You need a new CPS

#4 ·
OK - if I need a new CPS - does this put me in danger when I am driving back and forth to worth this week?

I did a search and found out what it is, I am a google jumkie - I just don't know what a CPS is specifically....

#5 · (Edited)
what they said...

is it a cvvt??

if so its more then likely the back cam sensor...its right behind the oil fill on the vavecover...just below it anyway...1 10mm bolt and it pops out....although you cant clear the code...should be covered under warranty....

and your not in danger all it means is that the cvvt is suspended if you have an xd2

#10 ·
I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT

I can't get to a dealer until sometime next week but according to an Autozone Computer I got Code p0010 which has something to do with the Cam Shaft. My check engine light is on (which is why I connected the computer). What is the common problem of this and am I in danger by driving it for the week? Glad I found this forum!
lolll you guys should read the first post ... lolll

He doesn't have a cvvt and frankly I don't know if it's a big problem running with a dead cam position sensor ...
This time it's not the OP that's not paying attention. ;)

Like Jalmir said, he mentioned his year and model in the first post.

#11 ·
lol

Although a n00b HERE I am a forum junkie since '94 so I know about the searching and if you don't find search more mentality. I couldn't find if it was DANGEROUS so that is my main reason for posting.

thanks all....

Also the battery seemed to be crapping out so i am going to throw a new one in there today -

#13 · (Edited)
Not ALL late model 03's were CVVT..only a portion of them.

So don't sit here and pretend to know everything.

And if you pay attention to the posts I referenced, they asked what year and model he had. Nothing to do with whether or not it was a CVVT. There was a seperate post explaining on how to tell whether or not his engine was in fact a CVVT.

#18 ·
alright folks, this thread isn't going to get closed but everyone get back to the orginal topic of the thread.

for the record, i agree with munky about derek always having to get something in lol. now back to the topic at hand!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.