first oil change???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: first oil change???

...pimpin hoes since 85' IcedOutPlaya has not yet proved knowledgeable IcedOutPlaya's Avatar

Default first oil change???

any recomendations for when i should change my oil for the first time i have about 2200 miles on my 04 and i always heard your suppose toa change it every 3000 miles then i hear u aint suppose to so i aint sure so any advise on this?
    Chris - 2004 Hyundai Elantra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

scared like cheese 2GTS has not yet proved knowledgeable 2GTS's Avatar

Default Re: first oil change???

3K is the standard, to keep Hyundai happy and to avoid a dealership claiming you haven't serviced the car properly just follow the service schedule in the owners manual.

Sideways Ralliart Steve has not yet proved knowledgeable Steve's Avatar

What's the interval Hyundai specifies in the States? In Canada it's every 6,000kms or roughly 3500miles.

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

It's the same in the service manual, 3500 miles... but the dealer still tells you to bring it in every 3000.

2010 Equator Sport | 2002 Elantra GLS (sold) | 2003 Tiburon GT | 2004 Santa Fe GLS

Uber Newb jbird88 has not yet proved knowledgeable jbird88's Avatar

Im pretty sure in the service manual it says every 3000 for "harsh" driving or something of the sort, but every 7000 otherwise...
    17" Sentinel's (Ultra Wheel, Platinum Series) Ventus Tires. Tinted Windows. Sony CDX-M630 Receiver. Two Audiobahn 10" AW1051T's in Custom Box. Painted Valve Covers. XD5 Bulbs. Evo Fusion CAI.

Member Extraordinaire! blupupher has not yet proved knowledgeable blupupher's Avatar

I would do the first one now. I did my first @ 1000 miles, next one is my free one from the dealer @ 3000, then I am going to synthetic @ 5000 miles and going to do a 5000 mile oil change interval.

You want to learn more (more than you want probably), go to http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

+ Reply to Thread