Kia Spectra Turbo...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kia Spectra Turbo...

Default Kia Spectra Turbo...

In a Korean newspaper ( http://careview.chosun.com/servlet/b...20080311000005 ) , I found an article that says KIA is going to release a turbocharged version of Spectra (for the new 08 or 09 TD Spectra) this summer (1.6L Turbo 180HP) in Korea. I don't know whether they are going to release turbo-Spectra in US, but I hope so. (if they release 2.0 Turbo models in North America, that'd be much better. ) They should do so for Elantra asap!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: Kia Spectra Turbo...

i HIGHLY doubt ull ever see a factory turbo elantra.

especially in america.

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

We already have. Some of the Hyundai Scoupe models back in the day had turbos.

Anyway, that's interesting. I hadn't heard anything about it until now. Time to investigate.
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

Ninja Super Mod KeWLKaT knows a lot about Elantras KeWLKaT's Avatar

Pete did say turbo ELANTRA, not hyundai. I highly doubt the elantra will ever be turbocharged aswell. Genesis, accent, whatever you want, maybe.

But the elantra? The cheap economy family sedan? No.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

Well, the Elantra is already turbo'd in other parts of the world (thinking the CRDi engine). Just not here. So there are turbo Hyundais here and turbo Elantras there, so, there you have it.

I would agree that it is unlikely for us to get a turbocharged Elantra sedan. Perhaps Hyundai over the next couple years will try to make the Touring actually mean something like they never did with the GT.
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

Ninja Super Mod KeWLKaT knows a lot about Elantras KeWLKaT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    Well, the Elantra is already turbo'd in other parts of the world (thinking the CRDi engine). Just not here. So there are turbo Hyundais here and turbo Elantras there, so, there you have it.
    Oh come on, Super. How many non-turbo diesel engines do you know of? It's old history. lol

That's totally not a valid point, lol.

'02 Elantra GT
    '04 Suzuki Katana 600

I don't know. But I know there is some, so ha!

Back on topic. I can't find anything else that suggests the upcoming Spectra will offer a turbo'd engine option in the US. Hopefully more new will come quickly.

7 psi tunned by poweraxel Matrixloader has picked up a wrench Matrixloader's Avatar

Is this the replacement for the spectra 5? Turbocharged version? looks like a Scion XB (first pic)
    Last edited by Matrixloader; 03-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather–who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
    DIY : Paint Bezels and turn signals Black. http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28188

A.K.A. ItalianSausage SilverElantra knows about Elantras SilverElantra's Avatar

i think scion did a better job. also there was supposed to be a 2.0l turbo accent hitting the states but i am pretty sure hyundai abandoned it.

Cheap & Frugal Member quickfingerz has not yet proved knowledgeable

Cobalt = Cheap economy sedan

BUT

Cobalt SS/TC = Fastest FWD car available

That said, Elantra will never be turbo'ed because of the fact that Hyundai doesn't market to a group looking for turbos. Kia on the other hand...
    Front Damping (0.3m/s, exp/comp): (Tib KYB GR2-235/50) (Tib Ultrasports-209/57) (Elantra KYB GR2-130/40) (Elantra stock: 105/26)
    Rear Damping: (Tib KYB GR2-118/42) (Elantra KYB GR2-75/30)

Quote Originally Posted by Matrixloader View Post
    Is this the replacement for the spectra 5? Turbocharged version? looks like a Scion XB (first pic)
    The first pic is KIA Soul, not the new Spectra. I couldn't find the picture of new Spectra. The second is i30(FD)CW Wagon. Both will be released in Korea this summer.

Senior Member soccerfanatics3 can be stupid at times

actually the cobalt ss runs 15.5- slow for any supercharged or turboed car. that is not the fastest FWD car. srt-4 runs in the 14's and thats a FWD car. plus cobalts are fugly

Senior Douche BobMs_wht2k2 knows a lot about Elantras BobMs_wht2k2's Avatar

^ I don't know what it is you're smoking, but pass it around.

HERE IS THE FACTS

1/4 mile in 14.4@ 99.3 for the Cobalt SS and 14.4@ 100.8 for the SRT-4. 15.5 would be a non-supercharged 2.4L.

According to THIS the new 260hp TURBOCHARGED version is expectedto drop that to 14.1 1/4 mile.

Not a n00b slyderdai knows about Elantras slyderdai's Avatar
    when Life gives you Lemons....Just add Vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfanatics3 View Post
    actually the cobalt ss runs 15.5- slow for any supercharged or turboed car. that is not the fastest FWD car. srt-4 runs in the 14's and thats a FWD car. plus cobalts are fugly
    Um do I have any chance at beating a SC cobalt N/A??? A kid I work with want to track it in april when the strip opens. What all would I need to do to beat him? short of a miracle........ Sorry for the off topic-ness?
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZIECRACKER View Post
    no buzzed does not count. u need to start a buzzed thread. this is the drunk thread please stay on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Your banning : Sponsored by EXD.

You don't have a chance at beating a N/A 2.4L Automatic Cobalt. They run 15's. A S/C Cobalt SS runs mid 14's. Are you running a 100hp shot of nitrous? S/c? TC? Than no. You're not gonna win.

ive witnessed i/h/e tiburons kill cobalts. they are so damn slow kinda like the jetta 1.8 turbos. they arnt very fast either. just do i/h/e big bore throttle body and intake manifold, get some good spark plugs and hotwires u should be set

^ You sir, are the definition of a Ricer.

Fastest N/A Elantras on this site have run mid 15's. A FULL SECOND SLOWER. My best is a 16.01. On the same day, at the same track running head to head an Ion Redline ran a 14.90 to my 16.56. He was BONE STOCK.

Now your buddies may have "killed" N/A cobalts, mainly because Supercharged SS's are hard to come by and rare. N/A SS's are a dime a dozen. But there is NO WAY they are "smoking" SC cars.

Maybe they didn't know they were "racing"?
    Last edited by BobMs_wht2k2; 03-12-2008 at 05:42 PM.

no sir u dont know a damn thing u just cant drive . so go play with some cones

I'm always suprised at the stupidity I read on the forums sometimes. Confronted with FACTS they still spew BS as truth.

Our day was about 90 on track and we were "hot lapping". . . so everyone's times were inflated.

nvm bob beat me to it

Closed Thread