Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kia Spectra Turbo...

10K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Cypher 
#1 ·
In a Korean newspaper ( http://careview.chosun.com/servlet/base.car.ViewArticle?art_id=20080311000005 ) , I found an article that says KIA is going to release a turbocharged version of Spectra (for the new 08 or 09 TD Spectra) this summer (1.6L Turbo 180HP) in Korea. I don't know whether they are going to release turbo-Spectra in US, but I hope so. (if they release 2.0 Turbo models in North America, that'd be much better. :D ) They should do so for Elantra asap!

#5 ·
Well, the Elantra is already turbo'd in other parts of the world (thinking the CRDi engine). Just not here. So there are turbo Hyundais here and turbo Elantras there, so, there you have it.

I would agree that it is unlikely for us to get a turbocharged Elantra sedan. Perhaps Hyundai over the next couple years will try to make the Touring actually mean something like they never did with the GT.

#10 ·
Cobalt = Cheap economy sedan

BUT

Cobalt SS/TC = Fastest FWD car available

That said, Elantra will never be turbo'ed because of the fact that Hyundai doesn't market to a group looking for turbos. Kia on the other hand...

#14 ·
Um do I have any chance at beating a SC cobalt N/A??? A kid I work with want to track it in april when the strip opens. What all would I need to do to beat him? short of a miracle........ Sorry for the off topic-ness?

#13 ·
^ I don't know what it is you're smoking, but pass it around.

HERE IS THE FACTS

1/4 mile in 14.4@ 99.3 for the Cobalt SS and 14.4@ 100.8 for the SRT-4. 15.5 would be a non-supercharged 2.4L.

According to THIS the new 260hp TURBOCHARGED version is expectedto drop that to 14.1 1/4 mile.

#15 ·
You don't have a chance at beating a N/A 2.4L Automatic Cobalt. They run 15's. A S/C Cobalt SS runs mid 14's. Are you running a 100hp shot of nitrous? S/c? TC? Than no. You're not gonna win.

#17 · (Edited)
^ You sir, are the definition of a Ricer.

Fastest N/A Elantras on this site have run mid 15's. A FULL SECOND SLOWER. My best is a 16.01. On the same day, at the same track running head to head an Ion Redline ran a 14.90 to my 16.56. He was BONE STOCK.

Now your buddies may have "killed" N/A cobalts, mainly because Supercharged SS's are hard to come by and rare. N/A SS's are a dime a dozen. But there is NO WAY they are "smoking" SC cars.

Maybe they didn't know they were "racing"?

#19 ·
I'm always suprised at the stupidity I read on the forums sometimes. Confronted with FACTS they still spew BS as truth.

Our day was about 90 on track and we were "hot lapping". . . so everyone's times were inflated.

#22 · (Edited)
03-06 Tib V6 6-spd clocks a 1/4 mile of 15.6 @ 88 mph. So I/H/E is going to drop 1.2 seconds off and gain 11+mph? Only in a wet dream.

At least some of us actually run more than our mouths. Once you man up and drive it, then come talk to us. Otherwise, "your buddies" stories ain't gonna cut it. Period.

#24 ·
wow you r really retarded were you in a special class because you have are an idiot. oh ya you can talk so much **** with all your mods like your cold air intake and wait thats all you have oh wow you havent done a thing to your car. hey man save some money mad your car and then maybe you can talk

#25 ·
Oh look, the retard has nothing to back up his BS so he resorts to bashing. . .how original. Way to go sonny. Now you better get your homework done before mommy and daddy take away your TV privaldges again.

I remember you. . . you're the tard that bashed my car in PM's. How original. When you grow up and get a real job, you know more than a manager for the local video store, come talk to me.

#30 · (Edited)
I also seem to remember certain biting comments in the COTM nominations page :rolleyes:

Back OT, I think its neat that the car is offered in Korea, but it will probably not make it here. As for the Cobalt being the fastest, I'm not sure. The Mazdaspeed 3 runs in the mid to low 14's as well.

#28 · (Edited)
I am sorry for askin'. Bob I apologize for bringing you into this I appreciate your intellect and insight. But why does everyone else have to hate? I am aware that I need to do a great deal of work to even come close. Assuming I get cams and adjustable gears, ported the I/M and got a bbtb. would a 50 shot do the trick??? Or get me atleast close
I Also have a Fu*king autotragic. So that is gonna hurt me too.

#33 ·
Alright guys. Thread closed.

and for the record: I've personally watched 2 delta tibs run 14s with Intake and Exhaust.
The 5 speed one ran a 14.8 and the 6 speed one ran a 14.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.