Sound deadening thread - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Sound deadening thread

Newbie Sonic99 has not yet proved knowledgeable Sonic99's Avatar

Default Re: Sound deadening thread

I hope it's OK to bump this, but for those who have done Fatmat or similar, how much did you need to get? I have an 06 GT hatchback and basically want to line the entire interior (the best I can, anyway) with Fatmat. I'll definitely just do it in stages, not all at once, but depending on the cost I might just get the whole roll at once and see where I'm at. I'm planning on the entire rear hatch area, roof, side panels, and ultimately the doors. Just putting together "shopping lists" right now and curious what I should plan for. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

I only did my front doors, rear deck and rear seats. Songee is the guy to ask. I think he did his entire car with Dynamat.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

i used a whole lot and still didn't get everywhere.
    a,b,c pillars done trim and car, rear deck, door covers and around speakers, and trunk and that was $400 or so oh and fender liners up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

I did almost 90% of the car ... And still I'm going to add more deadening....
    For sound go for Dynamat and for floor you can use some generic Chinese stuff. they will make good job and cost much less than Dynamat .

Elantra XD Old But Not Obsolete

Newbie Sonic99 has not yet proved knowledgeable Sonic99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elantra2005 View Post
    I did almost 90% of the car ... And still I'm going to add more deadening....
    For sound go for Dynamat and for floor you can use some generic Chinese stuff. they will make good job and cost much less than Dynamat .
    If I went the Fatmat route, how much would 50 sq ft get me? I don't plan on doing it all at once, but the ultimate goal would be the inside of the rear cargo area, hatch panel, door panels, headliner, and floor.

I want to do it for a variety of reasons. First, I do want good sound quality for whatever stereo I end up putting in. Second, I want to keep outside noise out so longer highway trips are more relaxed. Third, I want just that extra little bit of insulation to keep the interior climate as good as possible. I could head to my parents house where it gets below zero, or I could head down to Phoenix in July where it's 120 degrees. Just that little bit that the heater or AC don't have to work quite as hard wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'll probably end up getting 50 sq ft and do what I can and see where that gets me. I don't plan on doing it all at once, probably spread out over several weekends or days off just as I have time and weather permits.

+ Reply to Thread