Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

12v Cigarette Lighter Stopped Working...

28K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  justintodd 
#1 ·
Hello, the 12v cigarette lighter and the 12v accessory plug all of the sudden stopped working. I tried swapping out the fuse that is under the steering wheel, that said cigL but the fuse didn't look burned up, and after I swapped it it still did not work. Are there any other fuses that I could try? Or what else could be wrong? Thanks!

#3 ·
Behind the Fascia the piece you remove to put in a New radio, there is a connector that supplies power to the Cig and the lights. Check that connection.

#4 ·
Ok I pulled that off and there is a harness that plugs into the 12v power accessory. Its plugged in. I also put a voltmeter to that connection and it reads no power. I tried to follow the wireing harness back but it just gets paired up with others and goes further back. Do you think it could be a different fuse? Like maybe I tried changing the wrong one or something?

#5 ·
Stupid, stupid question: Do you have the car turned on? The cig lighter gets no power without the key on.

#9 ·
If your going to drain a lot of juice, or use both at the same time, upgrade to a larger fuse. I added another lighter on top of the dash so I can plug in a shortened, custom made, plug for my popo radar, I hated having the wire come in front of the radio and all the other buttons, and I had to upgrade to a larger fuse.

#12 ·
Please don't post again. That same thinking lead me to have to rewire a customers car. Fuses are a certain amperage rating for a reason. Go back to posting pics of your dick online. You seem to be better at that than giving advice about cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.