Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

FS: Alpine MP45 based Supercharger and Accessories

10K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  kylemorg 
#1 · (Edited)
***SOLD***

Sorry, I haven't been around in a while since I totalled my '02 Elantra GT.

So, for sale is my Alpine MP45 supercharger kit. It should fit any Hyundai Elantra from 2002 through 2006 or an 02-07 Tiburon equipped with a 2.0L Hyundai / Kia 2.0L beta II motor. http://www.alamomotorsports.com/alpine/alpine_hyundai.html#HT2S-0002

It was on my car for less than a year (less than 4K miles) and on a member of NewTiburon's forum's car for about 4 months (2K miles) before I got it. It's still in almost-new condition, since the only maintenance necessary is a gear-oil change for the snout at 100K miles.

It comes with all the original parts, including the guide idler pulleys, with the exception of the Unichip piggyback and belt. Instead of the Unichip, it comes with a Perfect Power SMT-6 piggyback, which is currently tuned for 9 psi with a cold air intake (CAI) and cat-back exhaust.

ALSO INCLUDED:
  • "10 psi" pulley: In addition to the stock "8 psi" (measured 7 psi) superchager pulley, I will also include the optional "10 psi" (measured 9 psi) supercharger pulley.
  • Phenolic spacer: It also comes with one of Carbonman's phenolic spacers to minimize heat soak from the engine head.
  • Extra bearings: Also included are extra bearings for the idler pulleys. The original ones began to squeak and were replaced about 1K miles ago.
  • One step cooler spark plugs: These are the sparkplugs recommended by Alpine for the 2.0L Beta II engine when the supercharger is installed.
  • Extra 4 stock 190cc injectors and fuel rail (used), in case you want to swap yours out.

Installation is relatively easy. I was able to take it off and return my car to stock engine configuration in about 6 hours.

I never dynoed the car with the supercharger, but with the 9 psi pulley I would imagine that it put the flywheel power close to 200hp and the torque close to 200 as well.

There are some odds and ends you will need, like a fuel line tee, replacement belt and extra rubber vacuum and fuel lines and clamps. I can help you find them if you need it.

List price for the Alpine kit was $31,m00 to $3,200 with only the 8 psi pulley and an undocumented and officially unprogrammable Unichip.

I am asking $2250 for the entire kit (used for just over one year and less than 6K miles), including all of the extras, which will also include installation help and troubleshooting advice if needed.

The sales and service from the orignal vendor (SA Alpine) sucks, but the kit is fine. I never had a problem with Check Engine Lights (CEL) due to the kit.

See less See more
#13 ·
if he doesnt take it ill take it...tax refund is lookin good this year.

#16 ·
Still for sale. This is great for anyone that wants a relatively simple bolt-on install with instant start-shutdown capabilities.

The benefits I saw over a turbo were these:
* The only scheduled maintenance necessary is a nosepiece oil change at 100K miles.
* The only engine maintenance changes mods are one step cooler plugs (provided) and probably slightly more frequent oil changes to ensure problem free operation.
* You don't need a turbo timer -- no cool down time is needed.
* You don't have to change your exhaust manifold, just swap out your intake manifold.
* You don't have a bunch of silicone couplers under pressure that can blow off.
* You don't need to tap into the oil lines (just one link to the fuel line and some vacuum line and electrical connections).
* You don't need an intercooler at these lower pressures.
* You get boost at lower RPM -- you can feel it kicking in at around 2K RPM.
* No change is necessary to your head gaskets to lower compression
* Installation is easily reversable -- it took me 5 hours to return my car to stock trim with no issues and no problems with running normally aspirated.
* I never had a CEL that I didn't cause by my ineptitude.
* You shouldn't blow up your engine, since this kit is designed for the Beta II engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.