H11b crap don't buy that sht H11 work
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H11b crap don't buy that sht H11 work

Newbie theunknownjoker has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default H11b crap don't buy that sht H11 work

I changed my lights out a couple months ago but just to tell the people who want to change the light color that H11's do fit. The 11bs are just to make you buy certain brands. All you need is a little modification. First, when you get the h11 bulb, you need to cut off the black piece near the connector, that protects the two male outlets. Then you just cut off the tip of the black piece where the screw is ment to sit (end piece sticks out) near the wires that run to your headlights. It's simple and easy; takes roughly 5-10 minutes for both. Btw use electrical tape afterwards just to make sure, bt no biggie. Just make sure you want to do this and good luck

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Acountabilibuddy ricerrx7 knows a lot about Elantras

Default Re: H11b crap don't buy that sht H11 work

The title of this thread is weird.
    Flying spaghetti monster loves you...

I am openly an *******. 1 of 3251 *******s on this forum.

EXD Pro Member silversharkXD2 knows a lot about Elantras silversharkXD2's Avatar

true.
    If you want an OEM look, stop modding your car

If you disagree with soemone, just call them a troll. It validates all your opinions.
    www.hyundaimotorclub.com - www.facebook.com/groups/hyundaimotorclub.com

Veni, Vidi, Velcro Munky has information that can be trusted Munky has information that can be trusted Munky's Avatar

This is what he's talking about, I posted it up a while ago:

http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...0&postcount=61

Veni, Vidi, Velcro : I came, I saw, I stuck around

me so sneaky ninja has picked up a wrench ninja's Avatar

case closed

Quote Originally Posted by theunknownjoker View Post
    I changed my lights out a couple months ago but just to tell the people who want to change the light color that H11's do fit. The 11bs are just to make you buy certain brands. All you need is a little modification. First, when you get the h11 bulb, you need to cut off the black piece near the connector, that protects the two male outlets. Then you just cut off the tip of the black piece where the screw is ment to sit (end piece sticks out) near the wires that run to your headlights. It's simple and easy; takes roughly 5-10 minutes for both. Btw use electrical tape afterwards just to make sure, bt no biggie. Just make sure you want to do this and good luck
    A lot of people may not want to modify the housing though. Also, some dealers will not warranty the headlight housing or the headlight bulbs, which are often warranted under the 5/60K B2B warranty.

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"John Betjeman

Newbie s.brookes has not yet proved knowledgeable

Are the housings consistant by bulb? In other words - if I went to a junkyard could I find the housing without the tabs (IE the 4th picture in Munky's link) in another headlamp that uses normal H11 bulbs?

This way you could just switch them out and save the old one if you ever need to go back to the way it was off of the factory line.

Also, do you think that anybody would be interesting in doing a little bit of a more thorough DIY on this? Or is there one already?

on the elantra you dont need to change the housing

Newbie s.brookes has not yet proved knowledgeable

What?

You do not need to change the housing. H11 and H11b have the same housing. The only difference is that (since they want you to buy H11b, instead) they have modified the connector (female). If you have a H11 bulb try sticking it in, it's and exact fit)

I got the h11b 6000k from hidguy. I paid around $120 shipped. I found a $10 off coupon on the net for it. No problems or complaints with it at all plus it has a lifetime warranty.

Newbie goinyard216 has not yet proved knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by theunknownjoker View Post
    You do not need to change the housing. H11 and H11b have the same housing. The only difference is that (since they want you to buy H11b, instead) they have modified the connector (female). If you have a H11 bulb try sticking it in, it's and exact fit)
    can you include some pictures (preferred), but if not include directions.

Newbie zielritter has not yet proved knowledgeable

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I will be buying a Touring soon and had a question about the H11b bulb it uses. I will want to switch out the standard halogen for something like a silverstar, but obviously this is only available in the H11 size. I just wanted to get clarification with someone who has experience with the topic. Is it just a slight modification to the h11b bulb to get it to fit the elantra's harness, or must I modify the harness as well? Thanks ahead of time for your answers.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro Munky has information that can be trusted Munky has information that can be trusted Munky's Avatar

The only thing you have to modify is the piece of plastic that you screw the bulb into.

Look at the 3rd and 4th pictures in this post : http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...0&postcount=61

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    The only thing you have to modify is the piece of plastic that you screw the bulb into.

Look at the 3rd and 4th pictures in this post : http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...0&postcount=61
    However, the Elantra, regardless of year does have a problem of blowing Silverstar bulbs quickly, the HD/FD among them (because the light power switch runs through the ignition switch). Some people (Bob being one) prefers to keep the stock bulb; it produces a brighter light that reflects the pavement surface better.

It might be better on such a new car to keep the factory lights in while the warranty is in effect, to avoid potential problems.

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"John Betjeman

Quote Originally Posted by cclngthr View Post
    However, the Elantra, regardless of year does have a problem of blowing Silverstar bulbs quickly, the HD/FD among them (because the light power switch runs through the ignition switch). Some people (Bob being one) prefers to keep the stock bulb; it produces a brighter light that reflects the pavement surface better.

It might be better on such a new car to keep the factory lights in while the warranty is in effect, to avoid potential problems.
    Yep, either stay stock, or get a full HID conversion kit, and make sure it's installed with a relay harness.

EXD SupaMod Ugzz knows a lot about Elantras Ugzz's Avatar

as long as you stay away from the h1n1 i think youll be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Aintnonerd View Post
    Internet Jesus is not pleased with the absense of the chatbox.
    And he stated, "let the people speak, and I shall grant thee speed". Microsoft Sam 11:17

Newbie zielritter has not yet proved knowledgeable

Awesome, guys. Thanks for the quick responses.

You best be trollin foo UrbanerMezei knows a lot about Elantras UrbanerMezei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ugzz View Post
    as long as you stay away from the h1n1 i think youll be fine
    Oink.

Full Member Pase has not yet proved knowledgeable Pase's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Yep, either stay stock, or get a full HID conversion kit, and make sure it's installed with a relay harness.
    sorry... maybe the information has already been said but why it need absolutely a relay harness??

on my xd I don't have the relay harness and it works fine since almost two years... something different with the hd??

+ Reply to Thread