Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Under seat dimensions? (for subwoofer)

[XD2] 
6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Tommy 
#1 ·
#4 ·
not without cutting out the floorboards and building a new box.. etc etc then you get in to messing up the structural integrity of the car.. but it can be done, I've seen MR2's with 10" under the seats.

#8 ·
yes, but you can move it. It's only bolted there, remove everything under there and find a place for it, plug it back in (make extensions if necessary). That's if you'r really into it, because you might have to cut into your seat to make room for the box.

#11 ·
have you ever looked under there? you know there's barely enough room for your hand, much less a box/sub.

seriously, 5seconds, one glance under the seat and youll know that aint happening.

#13 · (Edited)
i'm going to turn that sentence into something dirty... excuse me.

have you ever looked under there? you know there's barely enough room for ......

seriously, 5seconds, one glance under that and youll know that aint happening, but it still happens.
in a serious note though, theres is not enough room, and tyhat's right, but you can always make room.

#14 ·
I finally got down and took a look, and you guys are right, there are also some HVAC ducts under there and it would block them. Thanks for stating the obvious :stupid: . Next time Ill look before asking. I haven't purchased anything yet I'm just trying to see what my options are. I'm not into the whole box in the trunk.

#15 ·
well, you can do what i did if space is a concern.

Its the factory subwoofer box from the tiburon. Stock its only an 8", but you can easily fit a shallower 10" sub in there like I have. Its a bit of a pain to mount in the sedan, but doable. Doesnt take much room, nothing ive ever missed, and still sounds ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.