Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

2011 Elantra Spotted - Spy Pics & Info!

[MD/UD] 
94K views 117 replies 36 participants last post by  SombreNoirceur 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#78 ·
Re: 2011 Elantra Spotted - Spy Pics!

yeah thats why they did away with the 2.7 in the tuscon and it just uses the 2.4
And it makes more power than the old Delta.

I wonder if there is a limit as to how small an engine can get and still maintain the same horsepower ? By that time it probably won't matter anyways because they will have already switched to an alternative fuel to power cars. The dinosaurs are still around ,though it is probably their last remaining years. I am referring to cars such as the Dodge Challenger with a 6 liter engine, Mustangs with a 5 liter engine and now the latest Camaros ( final days of the muscle cars before they disappear for good ).
Partly what Only1 stated and partly that they are getting the tech and getting more mpgs out of them (at least Ford and Chevy are) New Stang 5.0 from Ford will get up to 25mpg and the new Stang 3.7 v6 is slated for 305hp with up to 30mpg.

I just got back from newmodel training and was told that they want the new elantra to replace the Tiburon as the less expensive (sports car) And The instuctor was told that it will have the 2.0l GDI thetaII. But Hyundai has changed there mind at the last minute more than once.
Thought the Veloceter would be the Tib replacement. Or are they planing on a 2dr Elantra?

#75 ·

I wonder if there is a limit as to how small an engine can get and still maintain the same horsepower ? By that time it probably won't matter anyways because they will have already switched to an alternative fuel to power cars. The dinosaurs are still around ,though it is probably their last remaining years. I am referring to cars such as the Dodge Challenger with a 6 liter engine, Mustangs with a 5 liter engine and now the latest Camaros ( final days of the muscle cars before they disappear for good ).

#77 · (Edited)

I just got back from newmodel training and The instuctor was told that it will have the 2.0l GDI thetaII. But Hyundai has changed there mind at the last minute more than once.

#81 ·

I love it from what I'm seeing so far. I imagine they are more likely to use the Kia Forte's engine than the Beta, unless they give the Elantra its own engine.

#84 ·

Oh I must have missed that. Anywho, the new Elantra looks very stylish and I'm sure it will sell better than the HD did. If it sells really well we may see some increased traffic on both Elantra forums.

#85 ·

Krafcik also said that there could be 3-4 "variants" of the Elantra. Not sure exactly what that means, but interesting none the less.

(Not related by the Alpha engine is also done for).

#87 ·

From what I've seen, looks like I'm down to a Forte or Kizashi for Porky's replacement.

#91 · (Edited)

2011 hyundai elantra

if it looks like this its going to sell alot better than the last gen. i think it looks good, but it could still look even better.

#93 ·

If it looks like that, and has some upscale goodies (normally kept overseas), I'll consider it.

#103 · (Edited)

Better render IMO as the camo'd cars spotted running around have halogen headlights instead of projectors.
*cough* So for a little while I thought this was pretty convincing, until I compared it to this sonata photo. Whoopsie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.