Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

2011 Elantra Spotted - Spy Pics & Info!

[MD/UD] 
94K views 117 replies 36 participants last post by  SombreNoirceur 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
Re: 2011 Elantra Spotter

It's still going to be a very crowded segment, with Ford and Chevy's new small cars are going to actually not suck, Lexus even has a compact coming out. It's going to take a lot to stand out in the crowd, I hope the Elantra can do it, because the HD was way too bland.

#6 ·

It's still going to be a very crowded segment, with Ford and Chevy's new small cars are going to actually not suck, Lexus even has a compact coming out. It's going to take a lot to stand out in the crowd, I hope the Elantra can do it, because the HD was way too bland.
I wouldn't put Lexus in the Elantras class. Its more of an A1 and 1 Series competitor.

#7 ·

Hell yeah. The steering wheel looks similar to the 2011 Sonata as well as c-pillar line and rear slope (as the article says).

You guys notice that's a 6 speed manual? That probably means no Beta...

Damn Hyundai, please don't ruin this with the Beta.

Then all they have to do is massage the side body crease a bit from the current HD and we'll be set. Just maybe I'll be able to stick with an Elantra.

#24 ·

Then all they have to do is massage the side body crease a bit from the current HD and we'll be set. Just maybe I'll be able to stick with an Elantra.
That's the same thing that bothers me on the HD. I hate that swooping crease line thing.

Probably will be the same engine/trans options as the Forte.

#10 ·

A fully loaded Si is 29,774 on Honda build and price. I think whatever Hyundai puts in the Elantra (gold even, real gold) it will come in much less than that.

#12 ·

There is no way it'd be anywhere near $25K. No way. Sonata territory starts at about $19K.

I can't say if I like the wheels or if I hate them. Who knows if they'll make it to the market, but I'm not sure either way right now.

#18 ·

Those wheels are the same ones on the Kia Soul.
You are right, didn't even notice that, good catch. Yeah, usually they have other Hyundai wheels on them.

Did nobody else see the picture (or my post) about it being a six speed manual transmission (or at least a 6 speed shift knob)? I thought all you guys would be jumping up and down over that.

#15 · (Edited)

hyundai is out to conquer the world!! i wonder why they would do this if the Elantra is their bestseller right now. i also wonder what this will outphase the touring, or if they want to keep the wagon.

i'm not sure i like how far front the winshield pillars are. definitely don't like that all door lines in all cars are going up. i also can say i loathe those distracting gauge "cups" they keep putting in. why can't gauges just be gauges? these are also harder to clean.

steering wheel is definitely hot.

#16 ·

sorry to say but hyundai kinda lost me with the HD.. imo its a whole different ballgame from the xd and xd2.. it lost its agility, fun-play/ sports car with a nice comfy touch

#19 · (Edited)

... and the Interior is beyond amazing

Yep, that dash/wheel/instruments must be the new Huyndai corporate design. Very similar to the Genesis Coupe, the new Sonata. Even the new LM Tucson has a simular wheel and instrument cluster.

Those wheels are the same ones on the Kia Soul.

Hyundai mix and matches wheels. It throws spy photographers off.
Yep. Hyundai used 17" Sonata 5-spokes on the new Tucson LM during testing:

#23 ·

^ Correct. Forte comes with the 174hp 2.4L Theta and a 6-spd.

#25 ·

^ Correct. Forte comes with the 174hp 2.4L Theta and a 6-spd.
I'm guessing that with I/H/E it can crest 180hp? That'd be nice.

#26 ·

yeah.... likely at the wheels. Considering that Dodge is getting 300hp out of their 2.4L turbo car that they warranty, I would think tuning, intake and exhaust 180 at the front wheels would be fairly reasonable expectation.

#29 · (Edited)

No matter what it looks like Hyundai needs to put a decent 5 speed and clutch in the Elantra or not offer a manual at all. The HD blows. That is the sole reason I HATE my car. Worst 5 speed I have ever driven. :(

Edit: just saw the 6-speed gear shifter. WTF...you wait til 2011 Hyundai? It better not suck like the current 5 speed.

#33 · (Edited)

No matter what it looks like Hyundai needs to put a decent 5 speed and clutch in the Elantra or not offer a manual at all. The HD blows. That is the sole reason I HATE my car. Worst 5 speed I have ever driven. :(.
I agree with that the 5-speed manual HD was awful, my 97 Accent was a better drive for Christ sake.
You guys need to just upgrade to a act stage 2 clutch and XTD flywheel with a TWM short shifter, and change the manual transmission fluid with Redline MT90 fluid, it will completely transform the way your 5speed transmission feels.

The difference is day and night.

#31 ·

More pics from Leftlane News. They say that they think it could get the 2.4l direct injection engine and agree that the 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual should be gone for good.

If this thing really comes in 2011 that means the HD will be the first North American Hyundai not to receive a real facelift in a long long time (at least 10 years). I'm sure they'll do something for 2010, but surely it won't be very drastic.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-elantra-2011.html

#35 ·

More pics from Leftlane News. They say that they think it could get the 2.4l direct injection engine and agree that the 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual should be gone for good.
It's about damn time. Those transmissions should have been replaced with 5AT and 6MT at the last redesign.

#32 ·
Re: 2011 Elantra Spotted - Spy Pics!

FTA:
Although camouflage covers much of the car’s details, the 2011 Elantra is expected to take styling cues from the yet-to-be-revealed Hyudai Sanata. Look for the all-new Elantra to sports a thoroughly modern design language without being overly polarizing.
Seriously? I mean, c'mon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.