Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

2003 Elantra Starting Problems

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jamesb 
#1 ·
My son is off at college 7 hours away. He called today to let me know his 2003 Elantra won't start. It cranks, tries to strart, but doesn't. My son isn't mechanical so tough to determine exactly what is happening over the phone. We just replaced did a bunch of work on the vehicle: replaced the timing belt, tuned the engine replacing plugs and wires, replaced the waterpump and alternator. Any ideas on what could be keeping it from starting?

#8 ·
Talked to my son today and it started fine. Before and after we did the maintenance it started fine. This is the first time it happened. I had thought it could be the battery also. I will have my son take it to Autozone and have the codes checked and get the battery tested. I have seen other posts on the site where people have problems starting their car after it sits for a week or so. Very strange. I will repost once we get the codes checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.