Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

OHTSU NH60 Negotiator Tires

17K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  zaywop 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has heard of Negotiator Tires? I just had these tires newly installed on my Elantra, but couldn't find any info on them on the net. The side wall says OHTSU NH60 Negotiator and all the other info. All I know is that both the tread wear/traction and temperature ratings are "A's" and that the speed rating is 87. I know that by that they are overall good all-season tires, but are they actually that reliable, since there is little info on them.

I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on that. Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't know the brand, but speed rating is a letter, 87 is the load index. OEM tires are 88H. You do not want anything less than this, as the handling of your car suffers. If your tires are T rated, this is less than H (I know, not logical). Please check out the below link.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

I found this out the hard way by buying underrated tires. I've since then bought some 88V.

#5 ·
Thanks, the tires are 87H, hmm...well they handle and feel alright. They haven't given me any problems so far. Payed $248 for them. Used to have Khumo Touring tires, but were worn out. lol. I'm only 34lbs less the the OEM tire rating, hopefully it's not troublesome.

Here are my tires' stats:
Size:
P195/60R15
Tread wear:
Traction: A
Temperature: A
Load Index: 87 (1,201 lbs), OEM=88 (1,235 lbs)
Speed Rating: H (130 mph)

#3 ·
Sounds like a no-name China brand. I'm sorry for your purchase. You get what you pay for.

#6 ·
I found some in info on them, finally, lol. Haven't been on so here you go...
OHTSU brand of tires are made by P.T. Sumi Rubber Indonesia, a subsidary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd., Japan. This is the same manufacturer that produces Dunlop, Falken, and Goodyear tires...

#7 ·
Knockoff Sumitomo's... that's not a good thing. I think I'll stick to good tires.

#9 ·
Re: OHTSU NH60 Negotiator Tires - UNSAFE

Negotiator HP Touring tires are UNSAFE

Negotiator HP Touring tires have extremely unsafe braking. In three panic-stop situations I was surprised by how poor the braking performance was compared to any other tires I have used (Goodyear, Dunlop, Yokohama). It felt like they were greased; they just skid and skid.

Stopping distances are much longer than my previous tires. When I learned this I should have just thrown them away. I was lulled by their other characteristics which I liked: they are very quiet and smooth-riding. But my third panic stop resulted in a collision. With any other tire I have used the car would have stopped shorter and avoided a collision. They were almost as bad on dry pavement as my previous tires were on wet pavement. (My previous tires were Yokohama Avid Touring, which were pretty poor on wet pavement!) I deeply regret trying to save a few bucks with these tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.