cost of full tune up
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cost of full tune up

Junior Member zSpyderx has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default cost of full tune up

Alright so I bought my 02 Elantra not to long ago and I'd say its averaging pretty bad gas mileage but with close to 107,000 miles on it I think the best bet would be to do a complete tune up including o2 sensors. Anyone have any idea how much that would cost from a place like Express tire? I'm thinking a complete tune up would probably be the best bet before I get intake and my other upgrades. I tend to get a gas smell in my car under moderate to heavy acceleration.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

Default Re: cost of full tune up

do you know if the timing belt was done? with that mileage I would say plugs,wires,air filter, and maybe fuel filter have it scanned to see if there are any old codes. but thats just my 2 cents im sure some one might have some better ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Junior Member Massari has not yet proved knowledgeable

I say do the coolent aswell, Is it automatic? Replace the automatic tranmission fluid, If its auto replace aswell. Since its second hand car, you dont know what was done to it. Just do everything, and if possible try to do it yourself. Save alot of money...

So oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs fuel filter and check if any pipes are worn out etc. Its pretty cheap...

Junior Member zSpyderx has not yet proved knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by zSpyderx View Post
    Alright so I bought my 02 Elantra not to long ago and I'd say its averaging pretty bad gas mileage but with close to 107,000 miles on it I think the best bet would be to do a complete tune up including o2 sensors. Anyone have any idea how much that would cost from a place like Express tire? I'm thinking a complete tune up would probably be the best bet before I get intake and my other upgrades. I tend to get a gas smell in my car under moderate to heavy acceleration.
    I believe on the carfax the timing belt had been replaced but no problem in doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by Massari View Post
    I say do the coolent aswell, Is it automatic? Replace the automatic tranmission fluid, If its auto replace aswell. Since its second hand car, you dont know what was done to it. Just do everything, and if possible try to do it yourself. Save alot of money...

So oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs fuel filter and check if any pipes are worn out etc. Its pretty cheap...
    Its a standard transmission.

+ Reply to Thread