Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

P2626 Check Engine Code CEC.....need help and advice on parts

[XD2] 
19K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  only1db 
#1 ·
i have a 2005 Elantra GT Hatchback with 99,300 miles. the color is blue :)

well as i was leaving the autozone parking lot, my check engine light went on and i turned around and went back and this is the code they said:

P2626 code: so this must be the oxygen sensor from what i have read from this site

but which O2 sensor? the upstream or downstream?

where is the upstream located? is it just off the manifold? or under the car?

lastly what brand should i get? Bosch exact fit for $90 or Hyundia's OEM part?

thanks for the help!

#7 · (Edited)
OEM!!!! do not go with aftermarket...o2 sensors are just like spark plugs, for some reason oem's work the best, hands down! and there are too many half year productions and updates to the 02 sensor. just take your vin number to the dealership. your looking at about 130 bucks. if you want shoot me your vin and I will get a price for you with my discount.

#9 ·
thanks only1db!! here is my, i mean the car's vin # KMHDN56D45U139098

btw, i just unplugged the battery and put it back on and now i have no check engine light........

is it ok to go on a round trip of 1800 miles on it right now, i leave tomorrow, head to sac and then back. what happens if the light comes back on during my trip, will this in any way hurt my engine?

#10 ·
nope you'll be fine. usually what happens is that the sensor dies intermittenly and when it does for that couple of minutes the ecu will throw the code. once it pops it will staty there till you reset the ecu or clear the code (it will go away on its own but it would take months and lots of key cycles.)

#13 · (Edited)
my check engine light is not on right now, so i just want to talk to you quickly if you can call me.

sweet! i am going to ask you to get it for me and mail it.......or can i pick it up here and i pay you through paypal right way or something.....

i am headed out to CA in exactly 2hrs from now. can you call me, i am going to pm you my number.

interesting, i dont see the pm that i sent you twice now, so here is my number ----------see your pm

#15 · (Edited)
LOL, i deleted. now that i know you will be calling late at night, i'll just unplug my phone :)

only1db, we started on our trip and the light came back on. while we were standing in traffic, the mpg per the dashboard display started dropping fast, like 0.1mpg every 1 sec...., so we just turned around and headed back home and took the other car.....i am going to need that sensor for sure. just give me a call on my cell.......i appreciate the help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.