[XD] OBD Status Not Ready
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OBD Status Not Ready

Newbie xilyhir has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default OBD Status Not Ready

Hey guys I was wondering if you could maybe help me out here.

My car's inspection was in the end of March, I failed because the system wasn't ready to be tested because I had the battery disconnected earlier in the day.

I went two more times to get emissions tested and the system is still not ready, I went probably around April 6th or so and only the O2 sensors were Ready. The evap, cat, and fuel system were still not ready.
    I went today, April 27th, I've driven atleast 450~500 miles since the first time I went and the three things still come up as Not Ready.

Should I disconnect the battery terminal again and have a fresh restart?

I found a Drive Cycle on the hmaservice website but I have a couple of questions if someone could help me..
    It says i have to idle for 5M, my guess would be Minutes correct?
    with the coolant between 0~40 c. Is that normal operating temp?
    The next thing is i see it says 0 -> 50: 15 S. Does that mean I have to get the car from 0 to 50 in 15 seconds at a consistant throttle?
    And than stay there for 8 minutes?
    That's basically all, cause if those couple of questions are answered I can figure out the rest.

Sorry if I sound stupid here.. I didnt plan out the timing of disconnecting the battery and time for inspection very well...
    I would really just like all the monitors to be set to ready.

Thanks alot for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Newbie Forever silet can identify a wrench

Default Re: OBD Status Not Ready

It may work if you disconnect the battery again and attempt the drive cycle, but this could become very frustrating. Best thing to do is pick up a cheap scanner from Advance Auto and keep checking the monitors yourself. I actually kept the scanner hooked up, re-scanned and watched the monitors turn to ready before heading back for the inspection.
    05 Tidal Wave GLS ---Lemon 02 Black GT --- RIP 03 Rally Red GT

Junior Member blmqzjc has not yet proved knowledgeable

My experience with some of the codes thrown is that it can take quite a few drive cycles to achieve READY status. I cleared a code once, and drove to Atlanta and back in a few days (over 900 miles) and still showed NOT READY. Other times, I achieved READY status after a code was cleared in a couple hundred miles, consisting of many short trips (maybe 10 or more). It seems that number of drive cycles is more important than miles, at least for some codes, before the NOT READY status will change to READY.

Newbie xilyhir has not yet proved knowledgeable

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I didnt get back sooner. I've been busy, Ill try resetting the computer again tomorrow and attempt to run through a drive cycle or two

+ Reply to Thread