Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Intake Air temperature sensor

[XD] 
21K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Youknowmysteez 
#1 ·
Hi , i have a hyundai elantra 03 Hb GT ... the other day i got my check engine on and this P0113 code ... intake air temperature sensor have to be replace ...i went to The dealership and they told me this sensor is built into the Mass air Flow unit ... and cost 190 dollars ... the question is if u guys had this problem before and if i can get the part from rock auto or should go OEM ... im not sure if they sell the right part ... whatever is cheap works for me :) ...thnaks for the help

#8 ·
^^^ Correct. 2003 would be MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor) not MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) and the IAT (Intake Air Temp sensor) is part of the MAP:

#13 · (Edited)
Im confuse now :) ....i went to the dealer and the part looks like a Mass air Flow sensor ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BECK-ARNLEY-158-0704-Mass-Air-Flow-Sensor-/200629668274?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHyundai%7CModel%3AElantra&hash=item2eb675c9b2 ... so .... if i need the IAT sensor that means that i need to replace the MAF sensor right? i dont have an engien picture but mines looks like this http://www.autoloandaily.com/2003-hyundai-elantra-4dr-hatchback-gt-104-engine-bay ...thanks for the help

#19 ·
Yes middle pic is the map/ait sensor. Pm me you address and I'll send it to you for nothing. Just pay it foreword when you have the opportunity to help out a fellow exd'er

#21 ·
Hey friends.. can I jump in?
I too an having the same issue as djinsider002. My 2002 Elantra GT showed its check engine light and scanned P0113 indicating that I change the Mass airflow sensor..

A few questions:
Djinsider002 - how dod your project turn out? What did you do?
How difficult is this project?
Should I buy the part new for about $134 or pull it from a junk yard?
How badly is this failure effecting my fuel efficiency? Any other effects?

Thanks for any and all of your advice.
Anthony

#22 ·
I'm going thru the same thing with a 2003 Elantra my mom just bought. The CEL came on and she took it to pep boys to get the codes scanned. Code P0113 Intake Air Temp Sensor is the only code that came up. Her car also has the IAT/MAP combo sensor. After doing some looking online you can order it from autozone/orielly for between $55 and $115 but ebay has them for between $20 and $50 new. Just make sure you're ordering the right one for your car no matter where you get it from. I'll probably be ordering one up tomorrow and installing it next week. Hopefully that will fix the problem. She got a really good deal on the car and it runs GREAT and only has 75k miles on it. I'm hoping this is an easy fix.

#23 ·
Hey everybody! Sorry to up such an old thread, but I'm in this same rut OP was in a few years ago. I need to replace my Inlet Air Temp Sensor, which is part of the MAP. BUT, my '03 Elantra GT 2.0L doesn't have a MAP sensor on the intake manifold! It has a MAF on the tube.

If I replace the MAF, will that fix up the Air Temp Sensor issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.