[XD] P0885 - TCM power relay
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P0885 - TCM power relay

Newbie mazzich has not yet proved knowledgeable

Default P0885 - TCM power relay

2006 elantra gls, 52k miles, MIL came on 3 days ago, 'kicks' when shifting to reverse, on drive uses only 3rd gear...
    scanner showed P0885, according to http://actron.com/code_lookup.php it is "Transmission Control Module Power Relay Control Circuit/Open"

i already spent few hours trying to google it - no results, and spent some time on www.hmaservice.com, also without much progress - found schematics for fuse/relay boxes but there was nothing about TCM... should i remove every relay and fuse and check it? is it possible that TCM relay is on or near TCM? where is TCM located then?

will appreciate any help...

ps. if someone have problem with P0711 or P2096 on 2005 hyundai accent i may have some tips

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Default Re: P0885 - TCM power relay

ok, problem solved, total cost $18

Newbie Juanchock has not yet proved knowledgeable

what did you replaced??? Where is locate it??. Did you replace the transmission relay?Thanks

yep, just the relay, do you have the same problem? p0885 can be from {relay, broken cable, bad harness connector, broken tcm/pcm, or blown fuse} but it takes less than 5 minutes to check if it is relay, it is too late tonight but tomorrow (if i dont forget) i will post photo/ video with location
    06 Elantra - P0885=P1723 fixed
    05 Accent - P0711 and P2096 fixed

if you want to check it in hmaservice.com look for P1723

100_5491.jpg
    100_5492.jpg
    100_54972.jpg

when you remove the relay, just connect upper right and lower right connector with some wire, then start the car, if it drives normaly just go to dealer and buy a new relay
    06 Elantra - P0885=P1723 fixed
    05 Accent - P0711 and P2096 fixed

Newbie dannymos has not yet proved knowledgeable

Thank you so much mazzich for posting this helpful info. My 2006 Elantra had the same problem and due to your post i was able to fix it myself. So far the fix has worked. Your a life saver.

Newbie Derek has not yet proved knowledgeable

Hi Mazzich,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your post. I've scoured the internet on this and couldn't find anything. I also have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS with only 25,000 miles on it that kicks when it's shifted into reverse and it has the check engine light on. I don't know about it being stuck in 3rd gear, but it does take a long time to accelerate. Once it's up to speed, it drives normally.
    Unfortunately, I have a few error codes: P0700, P0885, and P0038. I've looked up the meaning for each and only P0700 and P0885 have to do with the transmission (P0038 is for the oxygen sensor and only used for emissions regulations).

When you removed the power relay cable and connected the upper and lower right connector with wire, did that turn off the engine light and stop the car from kicking when shifted into reverse?

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

-Derek

Newbie Walt313 has not yet proved knowledgeable

I jumped the relay and still have a p0885 with it still not shifting. What now?

+ Reply to Thread