Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Sweet new headlight project

[MD/UD] 
12K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  songee623 
#1 ·
Saw those this morning. Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Grille Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

These things are sick. I emailed the company asking how much. They are located in Korea.

See less See more
#7 ·
google translate the whole page?? lol but yeah those bad boys look really nice and sleek, hope you get them to see how they look ^_^

#9 ·
2 e-mails to that company, no answer yet. It's either they don't sell across the pond or no one there understands English. So now I'm thinking... how hard could it be to take the front plastic cover off of these headlights and attempt to do something on my own. Hmmmm...... I just may buy one so I can experiment.

#13 ·
have you tried google translate and translating it in their language?? maybe that would help

#10 ·
you really need to know what you are doing to get results like that...email flyryde over at gencoupe.com. he does sick custom headlights for all sorts of hyundais. he used to have a website flyryde.com i think

#14 ·
Howdy xAlvarox, I did in fact after I read Jess's post. But you know what? I saw the exact same headlights on a ebay seller's site the other night. I asked them too. No answer yet. I'm thinking of getting these instead: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170686378618?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
I'm pretty sure to get them. Those are sweet. The only problem I can think of with these is that they stick out quite a bit so it seems. My wife drives this car so gotto be carefull.

#22 ·
Man do I ever hate waiting for my Elantra parts. My package is now in customs hands. I'm thinking I won't be getting it tomorrow so I might not install over the weekend. My package left Incheon airport Korea on March 20, flew to Anchorage, flew to Miami and up to Toronto. My LED lights have more milage than my car LOL

#23 ·
Just got them this morning. Tested and working well.

Gadget Wood Audio equipment Cable Gas
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Bumper Gas
Bumper Hood Eyewear Automotive design Tool

The seller I got them from is top notch.
They were very well packaged and well protected. Plastic is curved to hug the car's bumper curves. I test fitted one and seems to fit snugly. However, I'll be using some silicone adhesive in support to the 3M strips.
Once on they are very bright. Perfect for DRLs. Next step is to install. I'll do this shortly. Original DRLs will not light on. These will instead.
I'll show the results once installed.

I'm a happy camper.

#25 ·
Here's a question on how to connect these though.... I have no issues connecting them as a replacement to the DRLs in or from the headlight assembly. However, I would also like them to stay on at night. On the fog light switch perhaps?

The question is, do the DRLs turn off (meaning no power) when the night light switch on turned on or is there still power through these wires? I figure I would want the LEDs on both as DRLs and at night. Would I need a relay of some sort?

You know what I mean? If power is diverted from DRL to night lighting configuration I could use the fog light wiring to use them at night but would I then need some sort of relay or switch?

#26 ·
on the xd/xd2 the drl stays on when the stick is flicked once to drl then still on when flicked second time to headlights, you best bet is go out a flip the switch and go from there. now if the amber light is a 1157 bulb you could tap into that to have it run with drl and headlights, thats how my aftermarket fogs are wired up to my drls but i did swap my 1156 xd2 turn signal's over to the xd 1157 turn signal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.