Which car to buy

View Poll Results: Which car should i get?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 08 Optima

0 0%
  • 08 Mazda 6

0 0%
  • 08 Mitsubishi lancer

2 25.00%
  • 08 Sonata

6 75.00%
  • Other specify in post

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which car to buy

Junior Member incubus0111 has not yet proved knowledgeable incubus0111's Avatar

Default Which car to buy

OK so i am looking for a new car. new to me than is. i am looking for a 08 or 09. i was dead set on an Optima. now i don't know. I was only looking for KIA or Hyundai because of price. i have been working so much over time of late that by the time it's over i will have a lil more money to play with.

The lancer is a car that looks good. not much in the way of power but that does not matter.
    The Optima i like because well; we have one. You may remember we bought an 08 optima last year. Every time i drive it i don't want to go back to the XD.
    The Mazda 6 has no story really. It looks ok and is in the price range. I do like the headlights a lot... lol
    The Sonata i like the look of. More so than the Optima however i don't like the inside. That dash is a turnoff to me but still willing to have it.
    The Elantra is not considered because the 08 just looks bad. that can be fixed but i am not willing to.
    Last edited by incubus0111; 04-13-2012 at 05:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Senior Member Jess can identify a wrench Jess's Avatar

Default Re: Which car to buy

I've turned my choice on the HD around, I digg the car. but I understand your feelings about it. Of course out of those choices I would go with the sonata. I'll probably choose Hyundai because of their reliability, and if you buy a certified Hyundai from a Hyundai dealership, as long as it's an 08+ you get a better warranty than buying a new Hyundai. And you wanted an 08/09.

That's just my two cents. (:
    Is quite possibly the only active female on this thread, at least for now.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

is it going to be a dd, or a project car?
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

Wait until you can buy a newer Sonata or Optima. That's my solution. They are much better vehicles than their earlier cousins.
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

i would love to have a 2011 or 2012 Elantra and i have 6k i can go put down on one right now. with that said, i do not want a car note. i want something that is mines and paid for.

It will be my DD no real mods past a radio, speakers and HID and prob some LED conversions that i had planed for the XD but never did.

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

I think the Sonata is the best on the list. IIRC, used Mitsu & Mazda reliability is not as good as Hyundai & Kia. From that generation, I liked the Sonata better than the Optima, though I think it holds resale a little better so you may find a better deal on an Optima.

2010 Equator Sport | 2002 Elantra GLS (sold) | 2003 Tiburon GT | 2004 Santa Fe GLS

Quote Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
    I think the Sonata is the best on the list. IIRC, used Mitsu & Mazda reliability is not as good as Hyundai & Kia. From that generation, I liked the Sonata better than the Optima, though I think it holds resale a little better so you may find a better deal on an Optima.
    really mazdas don't last forever? lol
    i am going to look in Mitsu a bit more. i just like the way it looks so much. i wont buy just on that though.

COD Pro xAlvarox has picked up a wrench xAlvarox's Avatar

Mitsubishi is a beauty, sleek sexy and eye catching. But that should not be what you base your purchase on. Its funny cuz i had an option of getting my hyundai or a red 02 lancer for about the same price, but I choose the hyundai because of reliability and it had 60k miles less.

13473-2008-Mitsubishi-Lancer-EVO.jpg

2004 Hyundai Elantra
    99,xxx

Come Check Out My Car Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post
    Modding a vehicle wastes money....

I would buy a 02 elantra over a 02 lancer. Lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

im going with the sonata, my mom has an 09 and aside from the two tone inside its a great car.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

08 optima

love it. like the HD and the XD a lil.

09 sonata

not bad at all i can live with it. Its Hondaish in a way but o well.

08 sonata

butt ugly! don't like it at all. However if one comes along with under 50k miles and good looking body i will have it.
    Last edited by incubus0111; 04-15-2012 at 02:23 AM.

COD Pro xAlvarox has picked up a wrench xAlvarox's Avatar

sonota two tone looks UGLY, i never have seen the inside. gross

2004 Hyundai Elantra
    99,xxx

Come Check Out My Car Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post
    Modding a vehicle wastes money....

yea that 08 is wrong...

Junior Member lycan28 has not yet proved knowledgeable

I really got my eye the the 2013 Genesis coupe R-Spec. I always wanted a turbocharged performance car. What really got me biting is that it can run of off regular or premium gas and the gas miliage is decent for a turbocharged engine.
    My Daily Driver:
    2006 Elantra GLS- Custom 2.25 Catback (No resonator)- Magnaflow Street Series Muffler #14829- HID's 6000k Diamond White-Custom SRI Intake- Interior and Exterior LED lighting- Eibach ProKit Springs- KYB GR-2 Struts,-Pillar Mounted SunproAir/Fuel Gauge

as of now its no lancer no mazda 6. The 2007 nissan altima 3.5se has been added to the mix. any thoughts?

Administrator SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS has information that can be trusted SuperGLS's Avatar

3.5SE sounds like gas mileage that you don't want. I'm too lazy to look it up though, what is it? Gas out there $4 yet?
    JustDonkeys: All the donkey news, info and fun you could want. Or on Twitter @JustDonkeys.

Poster God avantegt knows about Elantras avantegt's Avatar

IMG_0940.jpgIMG_0944.jpgIMG_0945.jpg

Sonata because sexy.

Honestly, if your going to do basic mods, I would do LED tails, rims, window tint, lowering springs/shocks

then a touchscreen head unit and infinity speakers.
    Last edited by avantegt; 04-29-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: I had more to say D:
    They ran over my car, quite literally.

Super Moderator hyunelan2 knows a lot about Elantras hyunelan2's Avatar

Nissan's VQ engines like premium fuel, keep that in mind with the 3.5SE.

2010 Equator Sport | 2002 Elantra GLS (sold) | 2003 Tiburon GT | 2004 Santa Fe GLS

Quote Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
    Nissan's VQ engines like premium fuel, keep that in mind with the 3.5SE.
    That I did not know. I will look into it. I have been trolling the Nissan forums but I have not come across any topics on that. I am all over the place here I know. I think I want some get up and go. I have been driving the poor elantra hard on mornings going home from work. Ever since I got the KYB struts and then the yokohama avid envigor tires the car feels real good. Tires… who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGLS View Post
    3.5SE sounds like gas mileage that you don't want. I'm too lazy to look it up though, what is it? Gas out there $4 yet?
    It’s 20/27. I average 23 now and got 30 when I drove to San Antonio. As for gas prices, it’s always 2 steps forward 1 step back. So it will run up to 4+ (here in Houston) and then by fall it will come back down to about where it is now which is about the high of last time. It is what it is, I can say more on it but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by avantegt View Post
    Honestly, if your going to do basic mods, I would do LED tails, rims, window tint, lowering springs/shocks then a touchscreen head unit and infinity speakers.
    LED tails if they are as bright. It gets foggy here. Safety first. Rims yes, tint yes, lowering no. I have KYB shocks now and I love them. That’s one of the reasons for the Altima 3.5se. It has “sports tuned suspension” whatever that means. I can roll with it and save up to make it better. In looking at cars for the past couple months I have only come across the elusive SX model optima and a V6 limited sonata a few times and even fewer for ones that have the infinity sound. Double din Navi for sure this time. HIDs for sure this time to.

has anyone seen this site?

Im better at video games ki11er90 knows about Elantras ki11er90's Avatar

Wrx?

Only hard part is finding one used and unmolested.

Get decent gas mileage, some get up and go, and if you choose to mod, you have everything you need. Or you can go for a legacy, same engine, less likely to be modes but I think its a little more expensive but insurance will be much lower.

+ Reply to Thread