Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Viper Remote Start Installed on 2011 Elantra

[MD/UD] 
6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xAlvarox 
#1 ·

Installed on 4/20/12 Viper 5704 Remote Start Security System.

#3 ·
Wow this is really cool, how hard was it to install it. And how much did the whole installation cost you.

@Jimbo, idk if it is the same for this alarm, but for other ones it will turn it on, but if you dont have the key you cant drive it or change gears. At least thats what i heard. I want one of these so badly :eek:

#6 · (Edited)
Exactly, your car shouldn't be on idle for over 6 minutes max, even if your warming up your car. If your waiting for someone then just turn the baby off for a while, then turn it back on.

But doesn't anybody know if an XD2 is capable of having auto start?? because i would really like this feature when i go and put in alarm in my car.

Edit: after a little looking around i found a great auto start alarm system, 120 bucks, has alarm, auto start, unlock/lock feature and a lot of other features. And if i read right they will program it so your car doesn't need a modular (idk what its called), the thing that will allow your car to start without a key being in the ignition which i think is pretty cool.

#8 ·
idk why, but i always squeel like a girl scout when i see a door open by itself, its just one of lifes little pleasures ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.