Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Trunk badge size and some LED illuminated

[MD/UD] 
5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xAlvarox 
#1 ·
For those who were thinking of adding some effect to their trunk Hyundai badge or for those who ever wondered,

The trunk badge size on a 2012 is 149.02 mm wide x 73.75 mm high. I used a digital caliper to measure it. I was looking at some LED illuminated versions of this and found a few Chinese eBay sellers carrying them like this one:
Blue Azure Font Aqua Gas

Or for a more unique look, this Chinese based company are offering a 2 colour version. Turns red when you apply the brakes. Kinda nice but they don't carry one for the badge size of the 2012's.
http://www.autopluschina.com/en_us/...ht/Multi-color-Car-Badge-Light-E301-p23.html#

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks cool, but that thing is going to be a cop magnet. Might be ok if you didn't connect the regular glow, and just used the brake light part.

Thanks for adding the measurements from the caliper.

#8 ·
This looks really cool, the other day i saw a guy in a ram truck and had a ram logo that would light up when he hit the brakes. Similar to this except it ONLY turns on when you hit the brakes. Cool stuff though ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.