Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Have ANYONE successfully installed a Sony Digital Link Sound (DLS) System yet?

[MD/UD] 
5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Elantra Drifter 
#1 ·
I took the bait and bought a Sony XDP-PK1000 Digital Link Sound System from Crutchfield a couple weeks ago, which is designed to integrate a subwoofer, (subwoofer) amplifier, digital sound processor, and Ipod/Iphone cradle to factory stereo system. Long story short, I'm kinda stuck with the wiring of the Digital Sound Processor (DSP unit) to the factory wiring. No problem with 12" sub and amplifier as well as "cradle" for Ipod.

I ordered Scosche wiring harnesses, which I thought would make the wiring task easier. After pulling the factory unit and looking at the A&B connections, there are many more wires in the factory connections vs. the Scosche connectors, which brought me to a grinding halt.

The Sub and Sub-amplifier will be in the trunk, on the passenger side. The Digital Sound Processor is going under the front passenger seat, as it fits perfectly on a custom-made mounting board (made of cabinet-grade cedar) which keeps the under-seat heat duct from blowing on the unit. I don't have any issues with running the wires, but just wondering about the actual hooking into factory wiring and how it was done.

Any input would be great.

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.