Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Difference between a GLS and a GT

17K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  hyunelan2 
#1 ·
What is the difference between a GLS and GT?

Thanks

MrGisriel

#2 ·
well..... you could just look at the differences on www.hyundaiusa.com

but i'll mention a few of the key differences.....

GT's have:
5-spoke aluminum wheels
leather seats, shift knob, and steering wheel
the black band around the car
fog lights
"sport tuned suspension"... there has been some debate over what the changes actually are.... but there isn't much of a handling difference from what I understand

Until the 05 model year, all 5-doors (in the US) were GT's, and the GT package has been available on the 4-door since '02 I believe.

#4 ·
mrhoaf said:
Until the 05 model year, all 5-doors (in the US) were GT's, and the GT package has been available on the 4-door since '02 I believe.
GT sedan came out in '03.

#8 ·
i have body mouldings on my GLS...theyre just the same color as the car and it doesnt look like crap :)

#9 ·
I'll vouch that theres a HUGE handling difference!!! My wife has an 02GT and I have an 01GLS and her suspension is SOOOOOOO much nicer than mine!! I'll be putting in KYB's, Eibachs & the tibby sway bar soon but for the time being my car handles like complete ass!! imho

#12 ·
CuddleBug1899 said:
I thought gt's were faster and/or had more power?
No. There is absolutely no diffference in drivetrain between the two. Same Engine paired to the same transmission(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.