Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Optima Battery

[XD] 
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MrElantra104 
#1 ·
I have been thinking of replacing my battery. It is a Duralast that I have had for a long time now. So I want to order one and have it ready.

I was looking into Optima but their website doesn't have anything for Hyundai. I searched this website and apparently a lot of people here use them. I don't know which one to get. Red top or yellow top. I don't know which model battery to get. The only thing I saw on here is that someone thought theirs was an R-34, but they weren't sure. I have an XD. All I run extra is a sound system with no sub, but that system will be upgraded with a bigger amp at some point. But that's about it. Can anyone tell me which one to get and the model? Thanks.

#5 ·
Thanks. And what's the difference between the red top and yellow top? What would I need for just a regular car setup plus amp and Alpine Imprint? I saw on the website they can be used for different applications. Blue top is marine, red and yellow are automotive. Red seems to be used for automotive applications that require extra power for more amps, speakers, maybe some other mods. Yellow seems to be the basic. Only thing I have extra is an amp, Alpine Imprint, and that's about it. So I guess yellow would work best.

Hmmm...I guess I just answered my own question. Derp!

#6 ·
red, just a regular starting battery - yellow is deep cycle, you can completely disharge it and bring it back to life providing you have the special charger that you have to buy separately and that only works with these gel type batteries, yellow wont do schit for your stereo without a mega amp alternator that no one makes for these tthrow away cars.

#7 · (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with Sears' Die Hard batteries?

I was at Auto Zone today and found out my Duralast is still under warranty but only for another two months. They have Optima red and yellow top batteries that I can upgrade to before my warranty is up and I just pay the difference. My Duralast was about $110 and the Optima is about $200. I am going to swap the battery out. I am just trying to figure out which is best.

Die Hard
Optima
Interstate
Odyssey

Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.