[XD2] MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited. - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanpro View Post
    none of the USA models came with power folding mirrors or heated seats

Man I wish I could get all that's stuff in the pictures lol. I don't know where you find this stuff. Nothing ever comes up on google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361749264015...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am trying to find the rest of it. The switches are useless without the center tray that they attach to. And I want the two 3.5mm jacks. Still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/361749264015...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am trying to find the rest of it. The switches are useless without the center tray that they attach to. And I want the two 3.5mm jacks. Still looking.
    Found this

#84653 2D500AX - "Tray-Console Upr"
    #84654 2D500 - "Rubber-Console Upr Tray"
    #93311 2D100 - "Plate-Console Switch"
    #93330 2D100AX - "Switch Assy - Fr Seat
    Heated LH"
    #93340 2D100AX - "Switch Assy - Fr Seat Heated LH"
    #93240 2D100AX - "Switch Assy - Ect"
    #95530 2D010AX - "Jack Assy - Hands Free"
    #????? ????? - "Heated Seat Pads"
    #????? ????? - "Heated Seat Wiring Harness"

http://www.elantraxd.com/DIY/heated.php

Edit: Do you need heated seats in California? lol It's a nice premium feature to have though.

Last edited by KDM Mods; 05-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

I don't want heated seats. I would use the switches for something else. I just like the way they look and would find some use for them.

So I just purchased the side mirror led turn signal covers. I just realized I could find out which color wire goes to the rear turn signal and take off the side cover by the floor and splice into that.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

So I guess Elantra2005 was referring to that little button? I missed that. I thought it was the control for the power mirrors to move them left and right and up and down. I misunderstood.
    Yes. you need both

Elantra XD Old But Not Obsolete

Okay, so here is the video I did earlier today to show you guys the big brake upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9SqZGVPNak

So, initially I wanted the brake pedal feel firmer but since I posted that, the brake pedal has gotten firmer. I don't think I need the SS brake lines. I might still do them, but I might not.

I love this mod. Not only does it look better, but the braking power is much stronger. Before, I had to press the pedal down much further to stop. Now the brakes are much more sensitive. I love that. So, I think I might do this for my XD as well.

So, next mods will be:

Dual dash cam.
    Side mirror turn signal leds.

The led turn signal mirror covers are already ordered. I am going to order the dual dash cam probably tonight. I will most likely be going with the Cobra dual camera system.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

well done! turned out great, can't wait for the next round of mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Okay, so here is the video I did earlier today to show you guys the big brake upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9SqZGVPNak

So, initially I wanted the brake pedal feel firmer but since I posted that, the brake pedal has gotten firmer. I don't think I need the SS brake lines. I might still do them, but I might not.

I love this mod. Not only does it look better, but the braking power is much stronger. Before, I had to press the pedal down much further to stop. Now the brakes are much more sensitive. I love that. So, I think I might do this for my XD as well.

So, next mods will be:

Dual dash cam.
    Side mirror turn signal leds.

The led turn signal mirror covers are already ordered. I am going to order the dual dash cam probably tonight. I will most likely be going with the Cobra dual camera system.
    Nice job mk. I'm curious to see how those side turn signals look. If it's some what easy I might give it a try. Do they come painted in the same color as your color type or do you have to paint them yourself?

I would like to do a break upgrade on my car but I still need to be able to use my 15 inch wheels because they are going to have snow tires on them. I really wish I could do the evo/dsm break upgrade. I might look into that again and see if I can find anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by songee623 View Post
    well done! turned out great, can't wait for the next round of mods.
    Thank you. I am very happy with the end result. Next mods coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KDM Mods View Post
    Nice job mk. I'm curious to see how those side turn signals look. If it's some what easy I might give it a try. Do they come painted in the same color as your color type or do you have to paint them yourself?

I would like to do a break upgrade on my car but I still need to be able to use my 15 inch wheels because they are going to have snow tires on them. I really wish I could do the evo/dsm break upgrade. I might look into that again and see if I can find anything out.

They come in either Ebony Black, New Silver, or Noble White. So, obviously I ordered the noble white. But you can probably just sand the paint off and repaint them. Shouldn't be too hard. I order all of my paint from automotivetouchup.com They paint match to your color code exactly. That's what I painted both front and year bumpers with on my XD2.

I figure I will just wire them into the wires by the floor board, actually, the rail. I will run the wires through the door, into the car, behind the kick panel and wire into the rear turn signals. I just have to find out which wires are the rear turn signals. I have a chart in the garage I can check.

Yeah, the XG350 won't work with 15 inch wheels. You can see with my 17 inch wheels they only clear by about an inch and a half or so. Maybe the Sonata will, but not sure.

Well, I got my Cobra dual dash cam in the mail today:

I also bought an eagle eye led puddle light, a bit different than the strip I installed in my XD and the wiring will be different. It will be wired into the dome light:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111226248748...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also went to a PYP to practice taking the side mirror apart and figuring out how to run both wires for the puddle lights and led turn signals. I figured that part out. I broke the mirror, but whatever. I'll make sure I don't break mine.

I am going to go down to the garage now and start taking the mirrors apart, running wire and so on to get the car completely prepared for when the LED turn signals get here and the puddle lights.
    Last edited by ilanpro; 05-17-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Grat idea with the mirror.. I also use dash cam and I think every car should have that now days . So how the quality and how you going to powered it ? Mine connect to the aux..

The quality is 1080P for the front camera and 720P for the rear camera.

With my other dash cam, I wired it into my cigarette lighter. This one, I am not sure. Somewhere different. Anyone have any ideas?

As of right now, cars in the USA don't come with dash cams, but I think soon enough in the future it will be a standard feature. It makes sense.

So I got most of the wiring done for the dash cams, side mirror leds and the puddle light. Here are some pictures.

And here is a picture of how I wired into the dome light for the puddle light connection. I ran the wire around the sunroof and down the A pillar.

So now I am just waiting for the side mirror led covers and the puddle lights to come in the mail. I still have to hard wire the dash cam to power.

And here are two pictures of the front and rear dash cam installed.

So that is what was done today. When I get the rest of the stuff in the mail then I can continue and finish.
    Last edited by ilanpro; 05-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Looks superior !! .
    I know in Russia they must to install dash cams..
    Btw got to love the sun roof and the leather seats so much !!! . I wish mine had that

Thanks. I feel much better with dash cams installed. And I do love the sunroof and the leather. When I was looking to buy another car, those two were absolute must haves. They are nice.

So I got the puddle lights in the mail today. I took both mirrors off and both door panels off. I had a VERY difficult time trying to figure out how to run wires from the door, through the loom, into the car itself. No matter what I did it wouldn't pass through. Finally, I just took the driver door off. So, the reason it wouldn't pass is that where the loom attaches to the door jamb there is a plug for all the wires right in the door jamb, the same size as the hole.

I couldn't figure out any way of getting the wires through. I saw a DIY on here but it didn't explain very well how to get past the wire connection. So, I finally had to ghetto it up a little. I drilled a hole through both rubber grommets and ran both wires on the outside of the loom. It's still water tight and no one would ever notice. I didn't want to do it that way but I didn't see another option.

So, I still have to do the passenger door. Any ideas on how to run it through the loom?

look at the harness it will have unused spots on it, drill hole feed wire, then do the same for the other side, bam wire hidden in stock loom.
    i did this for the 14g speaker wire for door speakers and 18g for my mirrors flashers.

Did you have to take off the door to access the harness? If not, how did you access the harness? And we are talking about the harness inside the door jamb behind the kick panel?

Thanks. I saw that link before but for some reason, it doesn't match up with my door wiring.

So, either I am completely not getting it or my wiring is different. The wire loom that runs from the door jamb and into the door is very thin and completely packed with wires. I tried getting a coat hanger through and I couldn't. And I don't mean all the way through the loom, I mean, just into the loom. I pulled all the electrical tape off the loom but that didn't help. I can't get another wire in there.

Also, the wiring harness in the door jamb is completely inaccessible. I can't pull it out and I can't get my hand in there so I have no idea how to get to that. And the loom goes through the door jamb grommet and completely wraps around the harness. So, I was completely lost. I had a neighbor look at it to who used to be a mechanic and did his own stereo install in two cars and he couldn't figure it out either. I don't know if the wiring is different from the Limited to the GLS and GT for 2004-2006. I did look at my 02 GLS and the wiring looks completely different.

Anyways, I just made a small hole in both grommets and ran the wires on the outside of the loom in the door jamb. It's mostly all black so no one will notice anyways.

So the puddle lights and LED side mirror turn signals are in and they look AWESOME. I will make a video, hopefully tomorrow and post it. Thanks again for all the help. Too bad I couldn't get the wiring through the loom but whatever.

+ Reply to Thread