[XD2] MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited. - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanpro View Post
    I had a brain fart and missed on picking up some killer calipers for my sonata front and rear the rotors must have been 14" it was an infinit M45 sport with these(silver ones)

Is there a way to get those infinite calipers on the Elantra? They look beast lol. Those brembos are $2,700 ish when I was looking for brakes. Expensive stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

cluless!!!!! ilanpro can identify a wrench ilanpro's Avatar

this require 14" rotors and at least 19" wheels, they are so sexy.

Default MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by ilanpro View Post
    this require 14" rotors and at least 19" wheels, they are so sexy.
    Lol ok. I have 17" so that's no good. Probably out of my price range too.

Last edited by KDM Mods; 04-10-2017 at 10:48 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Those are beautiful calipers. Too bad they won't fit our cars.

Well, I am back and I have both calipers ready for paint tomorrow. They are going to be painted red. The metallic red chipped to easily so this is what I am going with. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

So I have painted both calipers red. They are hanging in the garage. I ordered the front brake pads, redstuff, they should be here in a few days. The rear redstuff brake pads should be here tomorrow. I am also going to pick up my front and rear rotors tomorrow. I will probably install everything on Sunday. I'll post pictures.

Okay, well an update.

I now have the rotors, 12" XG350 re-drilled and the rear rotors, I also have the brake pads. Redstuff for the front and rear. However, I screwed up on the calipers. I wanted to reman them but after I got them apart I found that getting the dust boot back on was nearly impossible. It took a LONG time. I watched many videos on it. I finally got them in but I don't feel 100% about them. So, I ordered reman's from carid.com and will return these for the core of about $30 a piece.

It was a learning experience. Next time, I will just order new ones and avoid the hassle all together. Anyways, they should be in early next week. I will paint them and get them installed next week.

Well, two more days and I will be doing my big brake upgrade. I am painting all four calipers Sunday, then Monday I will be installing four new rotors and all calipers and Red Stuff brake pads for both front and rear.

I will have a huge unsweetened iced tea while listening to Phil Hendrie bits in the garage working on the car. It's supposed to be 84 degrees. I am looking forward to it. I'll post pictures.

Default MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Well, two more days and I will be doing my big brake upgrade. I am painting all four calipers Sunday, then Monday I will be installing four new rotors and all calipers and Red Stuff brake pads for both front and rear.

I will have a huge unsweetened iced tea while listening to Phil Hendrie bits in the garage working on the car. It's supposed to be 84 degrees. I am looking forward to it. I'll post pictures.
    84 degrees it's going to be 48 here when I get my car out of storage tomorrow lol. I'm still going to work on it.

Let us know how the break upgrade goes. I'm thinking of doing an upgrade my self.

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

I have not seen any pics so this is not really happening!!!!!!!!
    cant wait for the next update!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

lol. I will have pics tomorrow. It's 10:14pm right now and I am going to bed. This is REALLY early for me but I plan on working on these brakes all day tomorrow. The front and rears. I will post pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

So, this is going to be a two day project. I took the rear calipers off, cleaned them, and painted the fronts and the rears. This took most of the day. I am letting the calipers dry now. I might do a little more work on them tonight, maybe. We'll see. But tomorrow everything will be installed.

So here are some pictures of my progress today.

So there you go for now. The rest will be done tomorrow with more pictures to come.
    Last edited by ilanpro; 04-30-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    So, this is going to be a two day project. I took the rear calipers off, cleaned them, and painted the fronts and the rears. This took most of the day. I am letting the calipers dry now. I might do a little more work on them tonight, maybe. We'll see. But tomorrow everything will be installed.

So here are some pictures of my progress today.

https://postimg.org/image/6ddoyp0ab/
    https://postimg.org/image/xat38e55t/
    https://postimg.org/image/p302nre5r/
    https://postimg.org/image/5sskfew95/
    https://postimg.org/image/ciz5memud/
    https://postimg.org/image/7d5tzx5xv/
    https://postimg.org/image/fi9f030tr/
    https://postimg.org/image/6pj1bbi7n/
    https://postimg.org/image/xprdcl2fx/

So there you go for now. The rest will be done tomorrow with more pictures to come.
    Wow looks amazing man! Can't wait to see them on the car! I might have to do this myself lol. I like the Hyundai lettering.

P.S. I sent you a private message

good progress, fixed the links so they can be viewed

looking good!
    just tossing this out there might be a good idea to do the top hats and side of the top hats on the rotors in black before you put it all on the car.

Thanks for the feedback. The lettering are vinyl decals made for calipers so they are high heat resistant. I have the same ones on my XD.

Thanks for fixing the links Ilan.

Songee, I was actually thinking of doing that. My only concern is that it might chip off over time and that would look terrible. I am pretty good with paint jobs but I don't know about this one. I have the next three days off so I have a little time to do things. I would have to find a paint strong enough and reliable enough to do it.

So, I just got back from the garage. It's 12:14 am right now. I decided to go down there and tape up all four rotors and prep them for paint. So I will paint them tomorrow morning, first thing, so I can get everything completed by tomorrow evening.

Well, I just got back in from the garage. Had to take a break from the brakes. Anyways, I took your advice Songee and painted them. Here are a few pictures.

So, I have let them sit for several hours. I am now going back down to the garage to reassemble the rear then do the front. Hopefully it all gets done today. I'll post pictures later.
    Last edited by ilanpro; 05-01-2017 at 07:59 PM.

So I took it out for a test drive and before I could notice the brakes, I found that the steering wheel shakes a lot. I am pretty sure that is due to the fact that I don't have hub centric rings on my wheels. The wheel bore is 74.1 but the car's is 67.1. The only time these wheels were put on were at America's Tire Company and I am sure they have to tools to center the wheels with or without hub centric rings. So I ordered an aluminum set for both of my cars. They should be here tomorrow.

Anyways, as far as the brakes, they didn't feel as firm as I was expecting. If anything, they feel spongier than before. I am not sure why this is and was not expecting that. Aren't they supposed to be firmer? After installing the calipers, I bled all of the calipers and did a brake fluid flush. So why would they feel softer?

I am running the plastic hub rings. They work good for me. The aluminum ones will probably be even better. Do you have your stock 15" wheels still? Cause I would be curious to know if they still fit with the brake upgrade.

I hope you will notice a different! You spent a lot of time and probably money doing that. Is it possible for air to be in the tubes still? Did you upgrade to stainless steel brake lines?

rotors look great, nice touch doing the vent area on them also.
    i would upgrade to ss lines, did you do a search to see if others had the same issue?
    i've had both hub rings they both work well.

No KDM, I don't have the original steelies and from my understanding, they won't fit.

Thanks Songee. It was your advice that pushed me over the edge to do it. They do look good. The taping was time consuming but they look awesome.

I did not do stainless steel brake lines. I looked at other posts on here from the past and is seems like most people didn't do them, or at least mention doing them. Maybe I should do them.

Should I do all four or just the front?

I am going to Sears in a little bit to buy two more jack stands so I can get the car completely off the ground rather than just two tires at a time. I did a complete brake flush, all new fluid and from what I could see, I got all the air out. But I will not even think about test driving it again until I get the rings on.

Any links for SS brake lines? I can't find any on ebay unless they are for the Tiburon. Maybe carid?

the elantra ones were not made everyone used Tiburon ones
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...+ss+brake+line

+ Reply to Thread