[XD2] MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

So, for my first post about this car, these are the rims I think I will be going with. I knew what I was looking for and found it fast. Unlike my XD which took me awhile to figure out what I liked. I already know exactly how this car is going to look when it is done. It is going to take some time though. But I like these rims. Any opinions or ideas?

http://www.carid.com/velocity-wheels...d-1233897.html

And I will be going with 17" rims. I have to decide on what kind of tires to get. I currently have Falken Ziex on my XD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Scary Super Mod songee623 has picked up a wrench songee623's Avatar

Default Re: MKJS's 2006 Elantra Limited.

nice they will look good on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by silversharkxd2 View Post
    in a world without exd...no one can hear you scream
    http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/imag...ine=1358427727

Junior Member Clayton_G4 has not yet proved knowledgeable Clayton_G4's Avatar

Those wheels are nice. For tires I have to recomend Michelin pilot super sports, they're the best. You going to go disks in the back?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_G4 View Post
    Those wheels are nice. For tires I have to recomend Michelin pilot super sports, they're the best. You going to go disks in the back?
    Yes. I just have to learn how to convert them. I also want to do the big brake upgrade for the front and back with silver rotors and red calipers. Or red rotors with black or silver calipers.

How difficult is it to convert the drums to disc?

Quote Originally Posted by songee623 View Post
    nice they will look good on it!
    I think so too. With a white car with black side moldings and black moldings on the bumper, black door handles, black spoiler and black trunk garnish I think it will work well.

I was thinking of what to replace the grill with. I was going to make my own but I really like this grill. This grill wouldn't be black, this one would be the same color as the car.

http://koreanautoimports.com/elantra...adiator-grill/

In fact, the front end of my car will look a lot like this one. I would have to paint the hood garnish the same color as the grill, NW.
    Last edited by mkjh; 02-01-2016 at 12:35 PM.

ive always liked that grill, the wife on the othere hand did not and i had a chance to get one for a good price and had to pass on it.

Do you know of any other site that sells it?

I did the BBK and I love it. I'm using calipers from a 3000gt/galant v6 and rotors from gen 1 altima, I was going to upgrade to evo brembos or vr4's once I got 17s, but the 3kgt brakes are PLENTY, one quick tap on the brakes I'll get a good taste of the steering wheel haha, plus they lock up pretty fast. For the caliper/rotor color combo I recomend doing red or black calipers with black rotors. The paint on the rotors will come off instantly but you will be left with a black outer ring rather than rust. And if I were you I would steered away from cross drilled rotors, slotted are completely fine, I'm even going to be running slotted on my car when it's time for new rotors. With cross drill rotors they are what the name implies, drilled through both sides of the ventilated rotor. With that you are loosing structural rigidity in the rotor and they can actually crack and break over time.

So these are the lights I will probably be going with. I love the look of these lights. Especially the turn signal strips. I agree with those of you that responded. I usually go for chrome but considering the color of the car and all of the black trim chrome wouldn't make sense so I will go with black. I would prefer it without the daytime led strip but it's not too bad. Although I read that the bulb housing is for H11 but the connectors are for H7. Why would they do that? That doesn't make any sense.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT-F...00010.1.FC2IjM

Apparently aliexpress.com doesn't use paypal. You can either pay with a wire transfer or entering your credit card information. I don't really like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_G4 View Post
    I did the BBK and I love it. I'm using calipers from a 3000gt/galant v6 and rotors from gen 1 altima, I was going to upgrade to evo brembos or vr4's once I got 17s, but the 3kgt brakes are PLENTY, one quick tap on the brakes I'll get a good taste of the steering wheel haha, plus they lock up pretty fast. For the caliper/rotor color combo I recomend doing red or black calipers with black rotors. The paint on the rotors will come off instantly but you will be left with a black outer ring rather than rust. And if I were you I would steered away from cross drilled rotors, slotted are completely fine, I'm even going to be running slotted on my car when it's time for new rotors. With cross drill rotors they are what the name implies, drilled through both sides of the ventilated rotor. With that you are loosing structural rigidity in the rotor and they can actually crack and break over time.
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that. But considering the car is white and the wheels will be black with a thin red pin stripe I will go with silver rotors since they won't change color and I will go with red calipers. But I definitely want to do the big brake upgrade. Does anyone know the exact kind of rotors to buy? I know the Tiburon will work but they have to be re-drilled. Could someone post a link on ebay for the exact slotted rotors for the big brake upgrade and the calipers? I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by mkjh; 02-02-2016 at 01:48 PM.

I went with Nissan Altima rotors due to the fact they are already 4x114.3 but I did do some grinding of the hub to make them fit. If you would rather just have them re-drilled, just go with the tib rotors. Have you considered gun metal grey for the wheels? They look black just not as dark so you can really see the detail of your wheels. Seen here:https://www.google.com/search?q=whit...SQJdPKOlFuM%3A

Yeah those are nice. I am going with a color scheme of white, black and red. The car is white. The moldings will be black, the headlights black, the spoiler and the trunk garnish black and the wheels black with a thin red pinstripe. I want the wheels gloss black because I want to accentuate the larger silver rotors and larger bright red calipers. Also, the Euro tail lights are red. I can't wait to get those on. I haven't seen anyone on here from the USA have them. They will look awesome on a white car.

I might just have to get Tiburon rotors and have them re drilled. Does anyone know how much that costs?

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

You can add the black shiny doors moldings from Sharkracing, They do looks great but not cheap .

http://www.sharkracing.com/01-06-ela...door-moldings/
    Last edited by Elantra2005; 02-02-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Elantra XD Old But Not Obsolete

I bought the other ones from sharkracing, the oem kind for $90. They are sitting in my garage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    I bought the other ones from sharkracing, the oem kind for $90. They are sitting in my garage right now.
    I'm thinking of buying new ones

They even came with all the clips which I wasn't expecting. That was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by songee623 View Post
    ive always liked that grill, the wife on the othere hand did not and i had a chance to get one for a good price and had to pass on it.
    It's funny you mentioned this about your wife. I showed my wife the same grill, the Ixion grill, and the Roadruns grill. She did not like the Ixion grill but she liked the M&S grill. She said the Ixion grill looked unfinished. The Roadruns was okay but the M&S gave the front end a complete look. I agree.

I just wish I could find it a little cheaper but that's fine. If this is the only site to get it on, then that's what I'll have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    They even came with all the clips which I wasn't expecting. That was nice.

It's funny you mentioned this about your wife. I showed my wife the same grill, the Ixion grill, and the Roadruns grill. She did not like the Ixion grill but she liked the M&S grill. She said the Ixion grill looked unfinished. The Roadruns was okay but the M&S gave the front end a complete look. I agree.

I just wish I could find it a little cheaper but that's fine. If this is the only site to get it on, then that's what I'll have to do.
    That's super nice, I have couple of broken clips from some body work

yeah finding sites they are fewer and fewer, you could look on ebay maybe amazon.

Yeah I have been looking there. There are quite a few Roadruns grills on there but no M&S.

what sites did you try?

Ebay and amazon. Also aliexpress. So I will have to buy from KAI. I emailed them and they do have them in stock.

+ Reply to Thread