[XD2] Automatic radiator in manual car?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic radiator in manual car?

Newbie Sonic99 has not yet proved knowledgeable Sonic99's Avatar

Default Automatic radiator in manual car?

I need a new radiator as part of getting my XD2 GT back on the road, but the price just jumped $20 on the only one on RockAuto that says it's for a manual transmission. Can I use one for an automatic and just cap the trans cooler lines? Or do I need the manual-specific radiator? Thanks, hopefully ordering parts today so I'd appreciate any quick answer anyone could give!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: Automatic radiator in manual car?

Not sure, but according to hyundaioemparts.com it looks like the have to either be automatic or manual specific. They offer two options so I assume it is specific to the transmission.

https://www.hyundaioemparts.com/auto...omponents-scat

Newbie Sonic99 has not yet proved knowledgeable Sonic99's Avatar

Default Re: Automatic radiator in manual car?

What's interesting is all the aftermarket places like Autozone, O'Reilly, and NAPA just list a single product, not transmission specific. I know it's obvious that I couldn't use a manual radiator in an automatic car, but I'm trying to think of what the effect would be if nothing was hooked to the trans cooler lines because I have a manual.

+ Reply to Thread