[XD] project fun
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: project fun

Default project fun

ok so i went and bought a parts car elantra for 250 right.
    with just the weather striping for the front 2 doors i had already made my money back from the car.
    i go to look at it after setting a time to meet and such, i get there and i ask a guy in a similar looking car and he sais its him.
    im there looking at the car and it looks brand new! only 1 rust spot.
    dude said the transmission is gone and there is a "whooping" sound in the back i just assume its the brakes but will soon find out. so i take it for a drive tranny slips and clunks.
    i get in it, it has power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control, a security system, remote start, a sunroof (my favourite),
    factory spoiler with out the silly middle mount thing, factory Hyundai rims that have maybe 1 or 2 scratches on each,
    fantastic set of tires, and rear rotors instead of drums!
    the battery is bad in it and the power steering pump is poop aswell but thats minor stuff.
    its a very nice blue. so what im doing it getting a new tranny (for 250$) and redoing the brakes, swaping parts from my green elantra to this blue one
    funny part is they are the same year and only 25,000 km in the difference.
    its going to be a very fun project.

now mods part haha. first if going to be the mods i already have on my car. rtx rims subs speakers new radio inside led lights.
    i just need to order a proper cai. im still going with the green vinyl wrapped head lights and green under glow. afterwards, im going to
    be getting a front strut bar, dressing up the plastics in the engine bay and the inside of the car.

what do you all think? im so excited to get this started when it gets warmer out and i get the funds to do so!

tidal elantra.jpggreen tidal elantra.jpglookout.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: project fun

Quote Originally Posted by legend of bacon View Post
    ok so i went and bought a parts car elantra for 250 right.
    with just the weather striping for the front 2 doors i had already made my money back from the car.
    i go to look at it after setting a time to meet and such, i get there and i ask a guy in a similar looking car and he sais its him.
    im there looking at the car and it looks brand new! only 1 rust spot.
    dude said the transmission is gone and there is a "whooping" sound in the back i just assume its the brakes but will soon find out. so i take it for a drive tranny slips and clunks.
    i get in it, it has power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise control, a security system, remote start, a sunroof (my favourite),
    factory spoiler with out the silly middle mount thing, factory Hyundai rims that have maybe 1 or 2 scratches on each,
    fantastic set of tires, and rear rotors instead of drums!
    the battery is bad in it and the power steering pump is poop aswell but thats minor stuff.
    its a very nice blue. so what im doing it getting a new tranny (for 250$) and redoing the brakes, swaping parts from my green elantra to this blue one
    funny part is they are the same year and only 25,000 km in the difference.
    its going to be a very fun project.

now mods part haha. first if going to be the mods i already have on my car. rtx rims subs speakers new radio inside led lights.
    i just need to order a proper cai. im still going with the green vinyl wrapped head lights and green under glow. afterwards, im going to
    be getting a front strut bar, dressing up the plastics in the engine bay and the inside of the car.

what do you all think? im so excited to get this started when it gets warmer out and i get the funds to do so!

Attachment 48826Attachment 48834Attachment 48842
    Sounds awesome man! $250 for a car in general is a great deal! Good luck with it! Keep us up to date and ask questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Sounds good to me. Sounds like you got a bargain. I am looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep us posted and lots of pictures. Ask any questions you might have. There is always someone around with the answer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

car is striped of mods now to get her to the garage to take the good parts out and to fix the other one up

17523109_10210380534522907_6341174509994942338_n.jpg17796023_10210380534362903_1419548643517846644_n.jpg
    Last edited by legend of bacon; 04-04-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Nice patriotic Elantra youv'e got there. I wish I could get one too and make mine bit better. And 250 for that is nothing!!!
    Last edited by Elantra2005; 04-04-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Elantra XD Old But Not Obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by legend of bacon View Post
    car is striped of mods now to get her to the garage to take the good parts out and to fix the other one up

Attachment 49105Attachment 49113
    Looks good. Keep us up to date!

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Very nice. I would love to see a picture of the car with the mods stripped. Does that mean it is just back to stock?

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Very nice. I would love to see a picture of the car with the mods stripped. Does that mean it is just back to stock?
    most of my mods were inside, speakers and aftermarket radio. if i took off the plastidip the car would show its ulgy spots. besides that it was just dodge mats and a steering wheel cover. i will grab a quick picture of the inside tomorrow. forwarned there is a blank space in the middle where i took stuff out.
    and yes just back to stock and actually i got more updates to post tomorrow anyways =]
    Last edited by legend of bacon; 04-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.

heres more updates. i have all my speakers and subs in. cold air intake ish. painted interior red. painted rims. just waiting on my vinyl tape and adding stripes.
    got my led low beams in, high beams on order. my green led lights inside just waiting on a good day to do the outside. gotta get some vht nightshade for the rear lights.
    gotta get windows tinted and exhaust redone and thats all the mods =] also removed all rust on body

bonnie rims.jpg bonnie rustgone.jpg bonnie red.jpg 18159550_10210573617189853_1060990086_o.jpg bonnie night.jpg
    Last edited by legend of bacon; 05-16-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Coming along fast. Nice. Is that a gloss red interior or flat red? Are those wheels 15" or 16"?

How is the car itself driving?

Poster God Elantra2005 has not yet proved knowledgeable Elantra2005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    Coming along fast. Nice. Is that a gloss red interior or flat red? Are those wheels 15" or 16"?

How is the car itself driving?
    Wheels are 15. Original rims tho.

Elantra XD Old But Not Obsolete

That's a pretty good rust repair job. My dads friend wanted me to fix some rust on his f-150 and it turned out ok.

I'm sure someone already asked you this but why do you have a dodge steering wheels cover, floor mats, and license plate cover? Just curious.

Looks good though!

I'm interested in seeing the speaker install. Do you have any pictures of that?

+ Reply to Thread