[XD2] Winter/Rally Tire Questions
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter/Rally Tire Questions

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Winter/Rally Tire Questions

Ok so I'm not sure if anyone on here knows anything about rally tires but here it goes.

So my car is going to see winter for the first time and I would like to get some good tires for snow on my stock 15" steelies. Now you might think "Caleb why don't you just get normal snow tires?" My answer would be " I want to be different." Lol. So I was looking at Pirelli rally tires and also rally snow tires. Studs are not legal in Minnesota so I can't get those.

Now there are a few unanswered questions I have.

-What can I expect for tred life? (They come in hard, medium, and soft usually. Soft would be the worst tred life I assume.)

-Do I contact Pirelli to see if I can get them? Could discount tire order them from Pirelli? (I should probably just go to discount tire and ask that question lol)

-How much are they going to be? I know they could be $200 or so per tire.

I have a feeling I know what everyone's opinion will be but for some reason I like to be a bit different sometimes. I feel like they would perform a lot better than an average snow tire as well.

I'll see if I can contact Pirelli and also talk to discount tire.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Elantra XD
    Advertisements

Poster God mkjh has information that can be trustedmkjh has information that can be trusted mkjh's Avatar

Default Re: Winter/Rally Tire Questions

First off, I didn't know you r name was Caleb. I am Martin. Anyways, with this subject, I am completely and totally ignorant. I live in southern California. It hails here maybe once in five years. It snowed once in 1992 for about ten minutes. I remember I was in fifth grade I think and they let us out to enjoy the snow while we could.

Sorry I can't help you out but I do understand wanting to do something different. So, I say based on that, do whatever you want. I have made decisions based on just wanting to do something different.
    Last edited by mkjh; 05-18-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Junior Member KDM Mods has not yet proved knowledgeable KDM Mods's Avatar

Default Re: Winter/Rally Tire Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mkjh View Post
    First off, I didn't know you r name was Caleb. I am Martin. Anyways, with this subject, I am completely and totally ignorant. I live in southern California. It hails here maybe once in five years. It snowed once in 1992 for about ten minutes. I remember I was in fifth grade I think and they let us out to enjoy the snow while we could.

Sorry I can't help you out but I do understand wanting to do something different. So, I say based on that, do whatever you want. I have made decisions based on just wanting to do something different.
    Hey Martin! Yea I had a feeling you might not know too much about since your in California.

I contacted Pirelli it they haven't gotten back to me yet. I still need to go to discount tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread