Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

AEM FIC people - wiring

70K views 77 replies 25 participants last post by  knoxgevaar 
#1 · (Edited)
AEM F/IC Wiring Guide

Installed using this guide, verified A. OK by me.

If you have a MAP based Elantra (2001-2003) The wiring is the same, just connect the MAF wires from the F/IC to Pin60 on your ECU, which is the same pin the MAF based cars used for MAF signal.

See less See more
#7 ·
Looks like you got it down Tommy. Good luck with your install, of the fic and supercharger. I hope you enjoy it!

edit: Sticky

#8 ·
oh. you have a supercharger. good luck with the install post pics!

#10 ·
Yea its going to be a bit different due to the MAP sensor on the non-CVVT engines

#13 ·
ok..... i wired my car again with this diagram and blew my 20amp maxi fuse and torched my coil pack with this diagram....... all connections were as this diagram showed...... i TRIPPLE checked the wiring to make sure i didn't make any mistakes and it was all right according to this diagram.....

just a heads up for anyone that wires their car up with this diagram....

do NOT tap pin 15b to pin 4 as it has to do with the coils and is what torched my coil pack (split the bottom in half and spewed out plastic goo) instead run a seprate ground for pin 15b to the vehicle chassis.

#19 · (Edited)
im 100 percent sure. i double checked all the wiring and this is not my first wiring job on any car....

yep, i dont know what he's talking about either. Pin4 is a ground wire, unless you shorted it out to a positive, there's no way it would have blow your coils.
pin 4 splits off on the harnes and ties in to pin 5 as well i believe.

#18 ·
yep, i dont know what he's talking about either. Pin4 is a ground wire, unless you shorted it out to a positive, there's no way it would have blow your coils.

#22 ·
If you did it exactly, and you have no underling issues, then you wouldnt have any problems. Especially not with the coils, as the AEM has nothing to do with them.

#24 ·
I know I'm bringing to top an old topic but I really think it's worth it. Exactly the same thing as RUSH6432 just happenned to me while plugging an AEM FIC 30-1910. The car first crank but won't start. I crank it a second time then the ECU 20amp maxi fuse blow and I don't have any fire anomore so I doubt the coil are gone.

The factory tie-in that RUSH talk about is the coil pin simply going into an shielded tube.

I have an 2004 elantra with cvvt. If someone succeed to get an AEM 30-1910 working on that specific engine can you please help me. I have a Patch cable for it not to have to splice into factory wiring so If someone want me to send it to him to look at it and help me on that I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

#26 ·
I didn't boubht it anywhere, I've done it myself, I 've get the hardware to do it and make it myself. I had tried it alone before connecting the aem and it worked just fine for over a week. the problem happenned when I plugged in the aem.
Really hope that AEM guys over here would help me a bit.
Just a question I'm asking, for those who succeed with the FIC do you have a Remote starter?

Thanks in advance.
Math

#27 ·
No remote start, but it shouldnt matter.

If you're popping the ECU fuse, you've got a short somewhere.

#28 · (Edited)
Yes thats what I 'm telling myself. Back to 0 i'll be doing my wiring all over again, the ecu underhood maxi fuse 20Amp blow and the coilpack fried. Something tell me that it matters with the pin 1 to 5. since the coilpack is using 4-5 as coil control and that pin 3 is the one that goes to the maxi 20Amp fuse...... and 1-2 are supposed to be ground

#29 ·
Ok then I have found, what the problem is with the pinout that is published on the first page of this thread.

First of all I'm talking about my car so it applied to a 2004 GT with CVVT

It is written that ECU pin 1-2-4 are ground which is not true at all. The ECU pin 1-2 are ground but ECU pin 4 is Ignition coil control CYL1,4. That is probably what destroyed my coilpack.
The ONLY Ground pin on the ECU are 1 and 2 to G169 under crashpad.

#32 · (Edited)
Im about to install my wire in my Aem Fic too sometime soon when ever i have a day of with no extra sidejobs.

I have an extra harness of an 01 that i got of a junk yard and checked all the cable connections on it to see where each cable is on the harness and all checked out exept the 02 sensor cable does not exist on the harness i got, i also color coded them and corrected the 24b pin issue people where talking about.

i'll post The Edited Diagram later tonight.

EDIT:

Colors represent the color of the wire on the FIC connectors and 01-03 harness wire colors, not sure if the colors are different on the 04-06 harness but probably the same.

#34 · (Edited)
you know what? your right , didn't catch that the first time, you can just joing fic pin15a and fic pin 4a to pin 2 on the ecu since both are power ground wires and it will be just fine, i'll correct that in a bit.
i'll check on alldata tomorrow to see what that wire on pin 4 on the ecu is actually for.
(i guess it will probably be the coil pack)