Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Blinker Side markers

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Codenomics 
#1 ·
I took my clear side markers and installed blinkers into them! YAY! Couldnt get a good picture so here is the video.

See less See more
#9 ·
nice, BUT! My sidemarkers dont blink. I have the white lights in there for the side markers, and installed a separate amber lights for the blinkers. :)
The installation looks like *** vomit otherwise i would do a DIY. I started it too late and it got dark during the project and I had to finish it lol.

#11 ·
i wanted to do this forever, but then i decided just to smoke mine.. course then i find out its illegal.. so i guess ill see how long it goes before i get tagged then off they come.. :p

#17 ·
cause PA is gay and a good friend of mine is my inspection guy, he said theres a certain percentage of bright reflectiveness that has to be on every car, many cars have it in headlights that wrap slightly to the side, but cars that dont have headlights like that have to have the little side markers. if you block it out or cut down the reflectivity you more often then not dont meet the requirement cause most manufacutreres just barely meet them as is..

or so thats the story, he said he would reference the pa inspection book for better numbers if i was super interested. but i told him whatev, it makes no diff :p

#18 ·
Thanks, I'll switch mine out w/ my dad's when I get inspected. I'm really beginning to want to register my car in MI (at college) instead b/c they have no inspection and fairly liberal tint laws (if I ever get tint) unlike PA.

#19 ·
Thats BS...... you wont fail inspection for something like that. you wont even get a ticket for something like that. Think about any car with a body kit. you remove the sidemarkers. when you go to get our cars inspected its just an Emissions test correct? UBD 2 scanner and your done!

#20 ·
hey im only talkin PA, they have some of the most restricive crap cause they suck.

but he said a "by the books" inspection would not pass unless they coveres were removed.. that just what ive heard, maybe hes wrong.. but he does do inspections for a living.. after doing a search there is some question about this and others have had it for a while and never had any flak.. so maybe its just picky places .. i duno - either way hes my bud so im sure hed let me slide anyway, i was more worried about a ticket. - i assumed you wouldnt get pulled over for it, but if you did get pulled over for something else i was afraid of it getting added on.. like my 20% tint in the back.. cause pa has that stupid *** "no blackout" law and its to the cops discresion what "black out" is :p :p :p

i love it here in pittsburgh, but i sure do get annoyed with our laws damnit!

#23 ·
^ oh i see it too.. but the law is pretty well documented around the web. its just "no blackout" and there is no specific number..

funny thing there was a bulletin sent out to inspection agencys and police stations saying nothing below 35, but thats just a bulletin and has nothing to do with the law.. gotta love pa, so at this point its up to the cops discretion for "blackout" but some cops will write a ticket up for anything lower then 35, but you can dispute it and print out the pa law.. but man i bet thats a hassle!

-ok end info cause this is not on topic-

anyway once i read this thread earlier today i went out and installed my vinyl onto my side markers! yippi!!

course no one told me the stock side markers have serial numbers etched into them and leave small bumps in the vinyl where tehy are located at the top and bottom of each one :p

but its cool, you cant tell unless you look real close

#25 ·
that was all info i gathers about 3 months ago.. a seach just now shows more solid numbers.. but its still a gap, it says nothing below 25-30.. thats on berkleyweb.. so now im not 100% but the info i posted above i got like matching info from at least 3 sources so i assumed it to be accurate.. (all online though). -ok im really done this time no more thread jacking :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.