Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Just bought a car!

2K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  CornbreadXD 
#1 ·
I just wanted to tell everyone that I bought my car from the bank I made the last payment 2 days ago and actually paid $11 more. I plan to put the extra $ I'll have every month into a savings account. Im still riding a bike until I get my car back from the body shop though. I get the title in 7 days. Payed off FTMFW!:D

#2 ·
Congrats! I have 3 more payments and I'll be in the same boat. Except instead of saving straight-off, I'll be throwing the money towards my Santa Fe and getting it paid off sooner. Then, I'll save it all.

#7 ·
most cops think i drive mommy and daddy's car...meaning my parents paid for it but most are surprised to hear i owe 8k on my car have paid for my car...insurance and all the mods all by myself...prolly put around 8-9k in my car in one year total...not including my insurance...my insurance is manie....3400 a year cause of my bad record from when i was 18-19...so glad ive mature now that im almost 21...lol...

#11 ·
Congrats. It is a great feeling to actually 'own' the car isn't it?

#14 ·
heh..im closer to 10k lol but its only been like 10 mos.. since ive been makin minimum payments of 236.. i tried puttin extra $ toward it, but then the next month i needed the cash so i let the car slide back to the full payment amount lol..

#17 ·
Congrats. We'll be paid for by July.

#19 ·
I only have about 8k left on my 03 oh wait thats like a crap load oh well... Congrats on paying it off you should take the savings and buy something insane like a life size bologna statue of yourself or something

#26 ·
just bought my 03, after all the gap, tax, title, licensing, and bank fees + intrest, i owe just over 12k. going to try to get it paid in 48 months to help ease the intrest some

#27 ·
i owe 16 grand on my 06 after 6 months of payments. i'm at 13.5% interest so i'm paying much more than the car was ever worth. amount financed was 14,800. hope you feel better now knottravesty. :D i'll feel better in a couple years after i refinance. man i wish i hadn't blown through those credit cards when i was 19.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.