Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete03GLS's Messy Sub Thread

17K views 252 replies 15 participants last post by  Ugzz 
#1 · (Edited)
#244 · (Edited)
^ALOT of audiophiles do it that way. Nice components up front, no rears. and a nice SQ sub in a smaller box.

personally i have my rears loud as hell, mainly because they are awesome jls and they just plain scream getting 111w each. (hehe my rears get almost as much power as petes sub) Also whether im in the car or at home or in a movie theatre, i want sound all around me, i love the feeling of being immersed in sound. if i want "staging" and a more "live " sound.. ill go to a show. im not audio competing, and i know what i like.

thats why audio threads get so out of hand, sound is totally subjective. a setup you love i might hate, a speaker you love i might think is turd and so forth.

Also pete, don't let some online thread pressure you into doing something you dont want to. i see "i dont want to change out my speakers" then someone is like you should and your like "ok, good idea". lol -i mean its kinda funny, but don't let the "e-peer-pressure" get to you hah

#247 ·
all the reason to have your own thread :D
now we can continue to load up more pages with ideas and recommends hehe

if you want some good bump but are not super worried about super quick speed and uber quality. i have a pair of audiobahn hiigh excursions for sale heh.
they bump nice, but i got rid of em casue i listen to mostly rock music and metal and they couldnt keep up with the drum solos and such, but man did they kick for techno and rap heh

Lets start by getting what you are looking for in a system and what kind of music you listen to. then we can help you out a lot better.

tommy put up some recommends he likes a page or so back, some of that was decent stuff.

i think one of the better ways to do this would be to search around www.sonicelectronix.com and see what they have, look for products that have reviews also. then ask us our opinions and such. yes, they dont carry every brand of sub but they have a good selection and lots of more inexpensive amps too

#248 · (Edited)
well i dont wqnt anything anymore atm, because since the system i bought was a failure, im gonna focus on my suspension for now.

later on maybe ill try n buy another single 12", but obviously a much higher power one.

i got alot of suspension work to get done right now as well as trying to get some wheels, so the system will have to wait regardless.

eDIT: heres what i have to worry about right now.

if i cant get those end link bolts off ill have to buy new end links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.