Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

i just got soooooo lucky!

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  moonlite5hadow 
#1 ·
i was driving home tonight, not really paying all that much attention to my speed at all, and im in a 35mph zone, doing about 45. i look in a dark driveway and there's a cop with his radar gun RIGHT ON ME! i slow down a little, but not in time... and he just keeps sitting there! diddn't even get pulled over! :D :D

i defenitely wont count on that for next time, and it kinda taught me to watch my speed. i guess its good to get those reminders every once in a while...

#2 ·
I do that occasionally. I'm usually pretty good about it, but being that my car rides pretty smooth and doesn't have a loud exhaust on it, I tend to start drifting up the speedo at times. I'm constantly using my cruise on the highway otherwise I'd definitely have more than a few points by now.

#12 ·
According to statistics, it drops roughly 30% depending on the insurance company you have.

#15 ·
25 is when it drops here, not 27, or so I thought. Didn't matter to me though, I got married at 24 and my insurance dropped from like $130 a month for just me (and $80 for my wife) to $103 for both of us together.

#16 ·
it drops @ 25 here in pa also..

and i probobly shouldnt even be posting this, but i got pulled over doing like 95ish in a 35 not as long ago as i wish it was. and the cop let me go, that would have been a let me see your license, then just cut it in half.. he even said to me, i don't know why but i am letting you go

#18 ·
I got popo radar in my car. What may have happened with you is a trap. They got me once like that even with my radar. As you drive down a road you first meet up with cop A who has no radar, but has his car on and ready to stop someone and then you pass cop B that has the radar. You may have passed it this way, so he couldn't just pull out to haul ur a!! over. This happened to me and I got cocky. On the way back I passed cop B with the radar and then cop A pulled me over once he was told how fast I was going. I should have believed my radar both times, since then, whenever it beeps, I slow my fast arse down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.