Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

EXD Announces User Reputation

25K views 104 replies 33 participants last post by  songee623 
#1 · (Edited)
Many of the Pro Members decided a while ago that they wanted to give User Reputation a try. To be honest, I don't think I'll like it, but the people have spoken and we need to keep them happy.

So you'll see this
at the top of each post. You can click on it and leave feedback. There are a whole bunch of restrictions, so you can't rate me as crap every other minute or rate Pete as awesome every other minute.

So, we'll see how it goes and then make a decision about it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's dumb. You could get someone that has a beef with you that can screw you. I get real political and someone that doesn't agree with me could **** me...is that the way it works?

i need to read the pro member forum more. I would have voted against it

#6 ·
Dude it's just a number. It has nothing to do with anything really I mean if you have mad rep points new people might see it and think (hey this guy is well respected he might be smarter than me? Maybe I should search or shut up?) I think it's an awesome idea.

#3 ·
I'm not a huge fan, but it does work on some other forums I'm on - to keep people from just being arrogant A-holes.

#7 · (Edited)
HYunelan - thats not what I'm saying. I am always nice. But say you for instance (just hypothetical) you don't agree with my political views. Whats to stop you from being an *** and giving me bad marks just because we get into a political debate

#8 · (Edited)
I gave James a Rep for making the change - to see how it works, but it still says he is "of an unkown quantity at this point."

How long does it take to register, or is it broken?

Nothing. Maybe it will cut down on the political debates. You do have to type in a reason during the Rep though, so I'm sure someone could look at and weed out the crap from the real.

#11 ·
Dunno. I gave you a positive Rep too and it's not showing up. I think it might be broken... which would be par for the course (ha- James).

#14 ·
Like I said, there are a LOT of restrictions in place. How often you can rate someone, how many other people you have to rate before you rate the same person again, how much is rating actually gives someone, etc.

#23 · (Edited)
Everyone else has a low rep power, I however have crazy rep power.
Now I'm sad and jealous. :thumbsdow

I see how this works now. It's a little different than what I originally thought. It's more of a qualitative value, vs. a quantitative # of reps. The good and the bad add together secretly in cyberspace to give you a "quality" of rep.

#19 · (Edited)
Usually this is reserved for buying/selling encounters.
Newer members will be able to gauge risk factors when buying or selling on the site.
It has been used and it does have value!
But...it must be limited to actual experiences with a buyer/seller/vendor.
It can turn into a ****-fest however with the back & forth and all that.
Many sites have a separate forum dedicated to this, usually called the "ratings" forums.

#20 ·
Sradiator, we have the iTrader Ratings for Marketplace encounters. In case you hadn't seen.

Like I said, vB is smart and it has a lot of restrictions in place to stop Bob and I from continually leaving each other bad feedback.

#25 ·
i like the use of a thanks button. its quite simple:
if a member puts up information that someone appreciates and thinks that others can benefit from (though the entire thread may not be sticky worthy) there will be a "ticker" under post count that states how many times they were thanked with a link to show a list of all the posts in threads that they were thanked in.

#26 ·
Thanks for listening to my idea Super... I think it'll help new members with feeling like the user that gives them advice is well respected in the community. I believe rep to be more of a character/knowledge/longevity thing, as a contrast to post count being who's the chattiest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.