Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Right front tire makes clicking noise

15K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  HyundaiKitCoupe 
#1 ·
Randomly does it, but recently hasnt stopped...Can mainly hear it when above 30-40Mph...Anyone know what it would be? sounded like something was sticking out of wheel or something but its not that.

#2 ·
How many miles ? How old are the tires, Miles on them, RIMS ? Etc

#5 ·
can't you check the bearing by jacking the car up and shaking the wheel to see if there is play or spinning it to hear a moving marble sound

#6 · (Edited)
Clicking / popping is usually going to be the CV. Bearing would make grinding or vibration.

Shaking the wheel off the ground should indicate a bad bearing if there is too much play, best to take the brakes off because they will help hold the hub straight. Then you can really see what the bearing is doing.

Could be something rattling inside the tire hitting the rim every now and then?

#7 ·
Tires and Rims havent been on the car for over 5k miles...and the car has about 54k on it...And the bearing on the side that clicks was replaced about a year and a half ago during xmas when my car slid into a curb at about 30mph >=(

But yeah i gotta change the brakes/rotors soon, but didnt think it was those making the noise, so ill take off the wheel and everything sometime soon to see if its that...Or just take it to my uncles shop and bug him more >.< lol.

Thanks for the help, ill keep ya updated.

#9 ·
I have to side with Cranker here. A "clicking" sound which "Can mainly hear it when above 30-40Mph" would lead me to checking the thread on *all* tires, not just the one I thought the clicking was coming from. Cars are great ventriloquists. A sound which you think is coming from the front left tire, may end up originating from the rear right, by the time you've found the source.

To me, "clicking" is thread-lodged debris; bearings would be a hum which would increase in volume with speed; and a CV boot would typically click on turns (which would be ruled out here with the 30-40mph).

Just some thoughts. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.