Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 10 Results
  1. Help!
    Hello all, I'm not quite sure what is wrong with my 2003 elantra. My car has been splashing coolant all over my engine bay the past few days. When I'm in traffic I will sometimes see a white smoke come up from the hood. And when I get to where I'm going I will smell burnt coolant. It appears to...
  2. Help!
    Hey guys 2002 GLS here with about 180K miles on the clock. First let me give you some background. The car has burned/lost about half a quart every 5000K miles Ever since I picked it up at 160K. Not bad I guess for such an old engine. It had a leaking oil drain plug and valve cover gasket, which...
  3. Help!
    I've been having a slight cooling issue over the last few days. For 7 years the temp has stayed in the same spot. Now, it rises slightly and then drops back to normal. Has never actually reached the red section of the guage. Fans are both working, overflow and radiator have coolant in them...
  4. Maintenance & Care
    I have a 2001 Elantra GLS. Yesterday while running errands, the AC began to blow warm air and the temp gauge went above half by a good bit. When the engine is cool, the AC works normally, but as the engine warms, so does the AC. I topped off the radiator yesterday with water (about 1 1/2 cups)...
  5. Help!
    Greetings gents. My wife came home the other day and there was a puddle of coolant under the car. The radiator had separated between the plastic and the metal, so with the help of this site I replaced the radiator and the thermostat. Now when the car runs, the temperature gauge will get to...
  6. Help!
    Driving home the other day & was stopped at a light & saw smoke coming from under hood, checked temp gauge & it was 3/4 the way up. Was very close to home so as light turned green I kept going. Temp gauge continued to climb and I was two seconds from pulling over when the temp gauge started to...
  7. Maintenance & Care
    Hi All, I was doing my normal six-monthly oil change, when I opened and used what I thought was a bottle of unused Magnatec. It wasn't.. It was a mix of used oil and coolant from my last service :eek: Luckily I didn't pour too much in (less than half a quart) before noticed it. I didn't start...
  8. Help!
    I have a persistent problem. Last winter, my heater core was replaced by the dealership after overheating and smoking. Then again, it overheated in May with a cracked radiator. Had the radiator replaced and new hoses by a local garage. as I left the garage, it overheated again and they...
  9. Help!
    OK. Noticed yesterday air condit was warming..... Looked and engine temp was high. Saw cople drips going under car, assumed it was coming from the AC- Put some coolant in res.... took half a jug... I replaced the T Stat and gasket this aft- 1- Replacement T stat looked different! It fit tho...
  10. Maintenance & Care
    Hi, All. Well, I decided it was (way past) time to change my coolant (61k). So, I drained it via the petcock at the bottom of the radiator. Spec on my '05 says there's about 6 quarts, but I got *maybe* 4 out of there. Further research suggests that there is also coolant in the block that...
1-10 of 10 Results