Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Thinking bout nitrous

9K views 51 replies 10 participants last post by  ricerrx7 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking bout nitrous.....Revisited....I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this question has been asked before and my eyes are too tired to see at this time but,I have been pondering the thought of nitrous.The problem at hand is I havent heard much talk about nitrous setup on a cvvt engine.Is there any setbacks I might encounter due to the variable valve timing.I was reading some post about the xd's but didnt see xd2 setups.Also I have a fuel rail just sitting on my work bench at work for this project,so thats one thing I dont have to get.Any help would be appreciated :bowdown:

EDIT:I got this today.Yea boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have the zex 82021 kit be here tomorrow,getting fuel rail adapter from Ford
any hints or suggestions you have, I would like to hear them. after reading
all the posts I had to buy it. $539.00 from a store 1 town over, performance edge in bristol, ct.

#6 ·
Good luck with the install, make sure to get use some good pictures to. :)

#15 ·
i hope you were kidding. NOS (for those who know) = nitrous oxide systems, which is a company. NOS (for ricers) = nitrous

you have a nitrous express kit, which does not = NOS

#17 ·
evan938 said:
i hope you were kidding. NOS (for those who know) = nitrous oxide systems, which is a company. NOS (for ricers) = nitrous

you have a nitrous express kit, which does not = NOS
I had to throw that in esp for you,just to get flamed.Now I feel better

#20 ·
05xd said:
I have a question for the nitrous users.In my nx kit the biggest jets I have are 41 and 24.Im thinking that roughly comes out to a 65-70 shot,am I correct?
well if a 43N and 25F = an 80 shot
42N and 24F = 75 shot
41N and 23F = 70 shot

you should be spraying a 70 shot, but running a little rich. i run a 43N and a 26F, partly because i havent ordered a 25F jet. and i run rich.

2loud2k2xd said:
42N and 24F = 75 shot
41N and 23F = 70 shot

you should be spraying a 70 shot, but running a little rich. i run a 43N and a 26F, partly because i havent ordered a 25F jet. and i run rich.
i have some extra jets if you need some. lmk

#21 ·
2loud2k2xd said:
42N and 24F = 75 shot
41N and 23F = 70 shot

i have some extra jets if you need some. lmk
Im not sure but I may have a 22 or 21 jet in the kit,I just dont wanna run it too lean.I cant wait til I get my adapter from Fordfasterr.I hooked almost everything up otherwise.I still need to run power and the switch.As soon as thats all done,it's gonna be time to fill the bottle.Im so antsy right now,knowing that its almost complete and cant do anything with it

#22 ·
here ya go, check out my DIY on it. it also has a jetting chart that is 99.9999999% correct in determining what jets to use for what shot you want to spray. http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9911

and here is the jet chart:
45n-27f=90 shot
44n-26f=85 shot
43n-25f=80 shot
42n-24f=75 shot
41n-23f=70 shot
40n-22f=65 shot
39n-21f=60 shot
38n-20f=55 shot
37n-19f=50 shot

i am confident the xd can handle more than a 80 shot. as long as the motor HAS been perfectly maintained, and your using all the nessicary(sp) extra things needed for the operation of nitrous (trans cooler, correct plugs, bigger fuel pump, premium gas, ect.)
i will throw in a 90 and a 100 shot this spring (if i havent sold the kit). maby i can toast the motor, this will get my ass in gear to do a motor swap :D

#23 ·
Ok,nice.How bout that blow down tube.I wont need one due to the fact that I have my bottle mounted in the trunk right?Im just trying to get everything done now before I actually start spraying.

#24 ·
blowdown tube regulations..as i remember reading them at our canctioned track.

blown down tubes must be used with most nitrous applications.
1) if the bottle is located in the cabin of the car (not the trunk), a blow down tube must be installed and must exit outside the vehicle.

i have mine behind the drivers seat, so i HAVE a blowdown tube.

2) for bottles located in the trunk area (trunk cars only, not hatchbacks) a blow down tube is NOT nessicary(sp).
3) hatchback cars MUST have a blowdown tube that exits the vehicle. because the trunk area is NOT sealed off from the driver.

if the bottle ruptures, and is inside the cabin, and no blowdown tube is installed, it could and can cause the driver to pass out from the lack of 02 and the filling of the interior of the car with nitrous oxide.

i bought my tube from zex for 38.00. ive seen the nx tubes on ebay for about the same price. just make sure you get the correct fitting for the tube to the bottle. there are MALE fittings and FEMALE fittings as well as universal fittings (3 different type of fittings for the tube. make sure you get the right one for the type of bottle nozzel you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.