TX ONLY: Which place are you willing to drive to? / ROLL CALL [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: TX ONLY: Which place are you willing to drive to? / ROLL CALL

paki
09-13-2005, 12:27 AM
CANCELLED

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL NOT BE ATTENDING THE 15th AND YOU ARE ON THE ROLL! THANKS!
sorry bout caps, i feel it gets the message around

DATE: OCTOBER 15th 2005

TIME: Mid-day to whenever

PLACE: Chili's Grill and Bar: 512-454-8747
7629 N. IH-35 Austin, TX 78752

WHAT: TX Elantra/Hyundai meet. Eat at Chili's, then whatever afterwards. (Racing, laser tag, etc)

WHO: whoever you can get.
---------------------------------------------

please reply to this thread with the following questions answered:

*Are you definitely going to show up on Oct 15th, or maybe?

*what's your real name? :P cant go to a meet and not know everyones names!

FROM N. TX
*paki, samad, (austin--be there at 1, leave at 6)
*coco, mario
**sleepergt, miki

FROM S. TX
*jp_recon, jon
*str8ballerz, paul
*phiber, david
*johnblaze, john
**hot04elantra, nick
**01elantra4dr, Luis
**elantra_gt_chic, jamie

FROM MID TX
**gun5, ryan

* = definitely
** = possibly

still need info from:
dutchtrumpet

we can get more than 10 people! come on!!!!!

sleepergt
09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
*sleepergt
name: miki
what will bring: (also depends on what we are doing and where?) cokes and/or beer
time: middle of day around 4 til whenever...

also i think we should list of what mods we have done to our elantras:(what do you think paki?)

mods: (current): SRI with K&N Filter, Magnaflow Exhaust (muffler), Alpine Head Unit

paki
09-13-2005, 01:16 AM
it would be cool.. but i was hoping to keep the original post clean :P you can post it in the replies if you would like. if i can figure out a way to make it look clean in the original post, i'll update it with that

str8ballerz
09-13-2005, 11:02 AM
-Paul, real name
-Will bring whatever is needed beer,soda,tools...whatever
anytime is good for me past noon till whenever..

Mods;
SRI w/ K&N filter, TB coolant bypass, 17" volk racing rims, 3.5" straight muffler, alpine H/U, Mtx Amp, 12" infinity sub, Clear corners front and back, 5% tint back three, 20% front two. Jeez I think that is all.

jp_recon
09-13-2005, 12:28 PM
**posted in other poll thread too**

JP/Jon....either is fine

Depending on type of meet/location, I can bring whatever....(prefer HOOTERs or Freebirds for eating)

As is usual....I am pretty much willing to drive out to anywhere. My only problem is, the last DFW meet we had....I was the only person to make the long drive to meet 2 others in the cold rain....hehe

It wasn't much of a meet, although the food and scenery was quite nice...haha

If we can actually get something decent together and get a good showing, then I'm game for anywhere. But if it's going to be a long drive for most people....that are going to end up staying for 2-4 hours just to turn around and go home....what's the point??

If I go anywhere, Austin, SA, or DFW, I'm getting a room. I don't mind having a few guests stay overnight as long as I don't think you're crazier than I am.

Let's get this going and get it BIG!!!!!

If you're not old enough to drink.....please don't do it around me....already been in trouble once for contributing. I'm not saying we have to drink to have fun....I'm just saying try and keep it legal for the most part.

piece....I'm out

JP

paki
09-13-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah idk about everyone else.. but i have to head back the same day. my parents are pretty strict when it comes to being out of town.. lol. *feels like a loser* oh well. when i get back from college later on today i'll update my original thread

oh and im not counting people as coming if they dont reply to the thread with the name and everything.. just cuz anyone can vote lol so reply!!!1

Hot04Elantra
09-13-2005, 08:11 PM
--I might be able to show up, it depends--
Username-Hot04Elantra
Real Name-Nick
Will bring whatever is needed (cant bring alcohol cuz not 21) bummer
doesnt matter what time it is, just want it to be worth it and not be short and boring and stuff.

Mods-Krypton High and Low Beams, Flame Decals on hood and sides, Blaupunkt head unit, Pioneer REV Series speakers in front doors and rear deck, shaved trunk emblems

paki
09-13-2005, 10:39 PM
updated the original post with the people confirmed to attend and their name etc.. you other kids please reply with your names so i can add you to the roll call thing too

Gun5
09-13-2005, 11:24 PM
*Are you definitely going to show up on Oct 1st, or maybe?
dunno have to talk to parents and gf

*Are you bringing anything (bbq grill, tools, etc)?
me and my car

*Which time is better for you to meet at? Early in the day, middle of the day, late in the day

early - mid

*finally, what's your real name? :P cant go to a meet and not know everyones names!

Ryan

Phiber
09-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Username - HotStuff4U or SparklePrincess6669
Bringing - Food? Whatever.
Time - Early to mid.
Real name - David ;)

paki
09-14-2005, 01:15 PM
damn looks like it'll be austin

tharptroy
09-14-2005, 01:23 PM
tharptroy.

name: Troy Tharp
cell # 214-868-6658
when is good? whenever to whenever. I've made plans to stay with a friend in austin that weekend.

I'll definetely bring tools, and possibly some refreshments

paki
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
lol looks like its DEFINITELY austin. but where in austin? i've updated the first post w/ everyone's info

sleepergt
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
if its going to be austin, i hope its easy to find and not in the booneys....lol

Elantra_GT_chic
09-14-2005, 03:28 PM
***Not sure if I'm going as well...still have to ask parents. lol***

Username: Elantra_GT_chic
Bringing: not sure
Time: mid-day

jp_recon
09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Sorry.....I'm having a long boring day here at work and I need some comic relief...so here it goes....

With all you folks needing to ask your parents permission, you think we should all just have the g2g at Chucky Cheese??

j/k

:D

And for all the Houston folks going, I think we need to go ahead and plan a meeting spot to roll out of when we head out. I really don't need anymore speeding tickets, so you don't have to worry about me this time Phiber....hehe

:cool:

paki
09-15-2005, 01:45 AM
chuck e cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remind me at the meet to kick you :) lol jk

yeah, same with all the dfw people. we gotta plan a pre-meet type thing so we can all drive together

ok so where in austin!?!?!?!?!? i've never been there before :hand:

Phiber
09-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Absolutely. Someone who lives in Austin could make a suggestion?

jp_recon
09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah, if we could get a general location, that would be sweet! I need to book this hotel room before it's too late.

JP

Hot04Elantra
09-15-2005, 07:33 PM
For the Houston people, meeting up is definitely the BEST idea. Cuz i get lost SOOOO easily that its rediculous!!

paki
09-15-2005, 11:49 PM
dfw area people -- im thinking we should meet around the i-30/i-45 area, probably at a local mcdonalds/wendys or something.. but if anyone has any better ideas please feel free to express them

jp_recon
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I still need to know where I'm supposed to get my hotel room. What general area of Austin are we planning to hang out at??

anyone know what the local zip code is for the 6th Street area?

str8ballerz
09-16-2005, 04:11 PM
sixth street will be expensive for a hotel i imagine... but when i get home tonight I will look up some places to have a meet at, I have a few friends up there that will know some cool joints.. till then,,later

oh yeah i suppose one person from each set of cities should exchange cellphone numbers in case of a problem...you know getting lost, breaking down, going to be late...something.

paki
09-17-2005, 10:53 AM
2 weeks left lets figure something out

Elantra_GT_chic
09-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Other than jfreak921, are there any more ppl who need to vote or post?...we would like to get as much ppl as we can. So, if you haven't voted or posted, please do so.

Still undecided about coming, but so far...it looks like a yes, but not definite.

***EDIT: Just sent pm to jfreak921 about attending.

jfreak921
09-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I won't be in texas that weekend. Sorry guys.

tharptroy
09-17-2005, 07:04 PM
hey guys, someone mentioned hooters, so I got some directions to one...

When you take 35 South, you're going to go through most of Austin. The exit is
233B-Riverside exit. You'll see it after you go through most of downtown where
all the buildings are and everything. Then you'll see this Holiday Inn and a
lake. When you start seeing these things, start looking for the 233B exit. It's
right after Cesar Chavez and the exit is kind of tricky especially if traffic is
bad. If you're not in the far right lane ready to exit after Cesar Chavez, get
there quick!

After you take the exit, stay in the far right lane (there will be three lanes)
because it will allow you to turn a right on Riverside Dr. Be careful because
if the light isn't green, cars will be driving down Riverside. This part of
Riverside you're driving in (actually, it all is) is kind of ****ty in that the
lanes are really narrow so be careful. Get into the far left lane (after you've
turned right on Riverside) and stay in that lane. You'll hit South Congress
intersection but stay on Riverside. Hooters will be after South Congress on
your left hand side so you'll have to turn into oncoming traffic to get there.
Be really careful there too and make sure you leave enough room for yourself to
turn. Parking might be ****ty, depending on what time you get there.

425 West Riverside
Austin, TX 78704

anyway, that ought to get us started, I'll see what else I can come up with

01elantra4dr
09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Depending on when I get my brake parts

My car and navigation system.

*Which time is better for you to meet at? Early in the day, middle of the day, late in the day
anytime

*finally, what's your real name? :P cant go to a meet and not know everyones names!

Luis

I'm From houston texas we need to meet somewhere at 290 that is the best way to get there since its a straight shot to austin.

Elantra_GT_chic
09-17-2005, 07:28 PM
So it's going to be at hooters? :confused: ...not where I was hoping.

dutchtrumpet
09-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi...I'm in Plano and might be able to come. I pretty new here...just got my Elantra last week. Thanks to all on the site for the great info! Tib sway bar is on the way.

Are Newbs welcome at meets:)

Elantra_GT_chic
09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi...I'm in Plano and might be able to come. I pretty new here...just got my Elantra last week. Thanks to all on the site for the great info! Tib sway bar is on the way.

Are Newbs welcome at meets:)
Cool, hope you can make it. And yes, newbs are welcome lol :D

jp_recon
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
So it's going to be at hooters? :confused: ...not where I was hoping.

I just said either Hooters or Freebirds would be sweet....we haven't actually decided yet. ;)

Elantra_GT_chic
09-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I just said either Hooters or Freebirds would be sweet....we haven't actually decided yet. ;)

OK :D ......we need more ideas tho. I personally don't know what's in Austin. I've only driven through it. Any more suggestions from ppl who are familiar with the area?

paki
09-18-2005, 12:18 AM
im in plano as well, dutchtrumpet. if you're going to come to the austin meet, we can meet up and drive down to the dfw meeting place together and then head to austin from there.. sound good?

as far as other ideas go.. we can grab chili's or something?

Elantra_GT_chic
09-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, I guess any place would be suffice just as long as I can find it ok lol. Are there any more suggestions? We need to get the ball rolling cuz the clock is ticking.

str8ballerz
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
I suppose all we need is a meeting place, after that we can crack a phone book if we need to find something to do...lol
I am not familiar with freebirds what is that?
Hooters is fine with me, but i am up for just about anything.
If anyone has ideas of what they would like to do it would make finding a place to meet up just a little easier,, I am easy going so you could tell me to meet all of you at a rest stop or something and i would be like alright cool... so anyway ideas would be helpful, obviously everyone here has the internet, look something up on an Austin page for you pickier people.

paki
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
yeah i dont really care where we meet.. as long as we meet and dont have to drive far. 3.5 hrs of driving one way will be kinda tiring, especially since i gotta head back same day.

TNT4ME
09-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Just checking back in...Sorry, but there is no way I can drive to Austin Tx. If it was going to go down in dallas, I was going to make the 10hr trip to meet some folks. Can't add another 3-4 on top of that. Oh well, maybe your next one will be up near Amarillo.....

Just letting ya know it's a no for me.

TC

Elantra_GT_chic
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Ok, for some of you who would rather have it at a park maybe, I found a list of some parks and plazas in Austin that might be a good place to meet. Please check them out and post your opinions here.

Austin Parks (http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/facilities.htm)

***EDIT: Also found some reservable picnic areas
Picnic Areas (http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/picnic.htm)

sleepergt
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
okay peeps who are in dallas/plano area i plan to still go if finances are well and nothing drastic happens....so i say since 35 south is the best way to go i think we should meet centralized....so i was thinking the amc grand off of northwest highway...but thats a suggestion and what time????

paki
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
okay peeps who are in dallas/plano area i plan to still go if finances are well and nothing drastic happens....so i say since 35 south is the best way to go i think we should meet centralized....so i was thinking the amc grand off of northwest highway...but thats a suggestion and what time????

wait.. are you referring to a dfw meet? or for an austin meet?

sleepergt
09-19-2005, 01:11 AM
im referring in meeting up to head down to austin...

paki
09-19-2005, 01:15 AM
oh alright.. sounds good to me. i'd say we'd have to meet around 8 or 9 if we wanna reach austin by 1

paki
09-20-2005, 01:22 AM
alright guys come on lets decide on a location to meet at in austin!! i know troy and jamie are trying to figure out some places.. we need more ideas though! what do you guys wanna do!?

i'm up for pretty much everything, just let me know before we get there.

i reorganized the list in the first post to reflect where most people are coming from, so if anyone wants to take a quick glance and figure out where you wanna meet.. there ya go :)

an idea just to meet at:

Chili's Grill and Bar: 512-454-8747
7629 N. IH-35 Austin, TX 78752

right off 35, so hard to miss for practically any of us. after that we can find another place to go to.

this gives you an idea of about how long it will take for dfw people to get there.. if we were to choose the chili's.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1a=&1c=plano&1s=tx&1z=&2a=7629+N.+IH-35&2c=Austin&2s=tx&2z=78752

Elantra_GT_chic
09-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok people, I don't think most of y'all know how important it is to get these ideas in, if any. This meet is NEXT WEEKEND!!! It is coming up very fast and we need to decide on a place that's easy for everyone to find and get to. I think Chili's would be fine since it's right off of IH 35 where most of us are going to be traveling on.

And yes, we need more than 10 people showing up. I know there are a lot of Texans here at XD. Let's try to get more attendee's please.

-Jamie

paki
09-21-2005, 12:23 AM
if theres no other ideas to be made... lets just stick with chili's. why? it actually has decent food compared to hooters.. lol. sure you get a nice atmosphere at hooters.. but whats more important to you after a long drive? good food or crappy food?

if by 11:59pm tomorrow (wed 9/21) theres no ideas that anybody agrees on.. im just gonna put down chilis on the first post

tharptroy
09-21-2005, 09:03 AM
I agree with chilis

sleepergt
09-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Okay so I take it that we are going to Chilis. Thats fine with me, but please tell me that someone is planning something to do afterwards. I really dont want to drive all the way to Austin just to go to Chilis. Does anyonw feel me?

Elantra_GT_chic
09-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Okay so I take it that we are going to Chilis. Thats fine with me, but please tell me that someone is planning something to do afterwards. I really dont want to drive all the way to Austin just to go to Chilis. Does anyonw feel me?
I totally agree. I think going all that far just to eat would be a waste of time. I think it would be cool to do something afterwards but we need ideas for that too. We kinda have a good idea that we'll eat at Chili's but now we need to start posting ideas of what to do afterwards. What is a group drive?..I'm not really sure what that is. I'm really open for anything. Suggestions are needed and are appreciated.

Let's get this wrapped up soon.

sleepergt
09-21-2005, 02:56 PM
okay i think i have found something for us to do after chilis. its located in round rock and about 20 minutes away from where we are going to be. i believe its indoor racing, but im still checking on more information about it. but has anyone heard about this hurricane rita that is about to hit the coast of galveston. and everyone is moving towards the area of austin. so i propose that we monitor the situation and decide whether to postpone the meet....anyone in agreement?

Hot04Elantra
09-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I AM in agreement with sleepergt. We should postpone the meet because of the hurricane. Its something that we have no control over.

Elantra_GT_chic
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
That is a thought to ponder on. Thanks for bringing that up. We'll have to have a second date to fall back on just in case it gets pretty bad.

sleepergt
09-21-2005, 03:41 PM
trust me its bad gt chic...its a category 5. they are even evacuating lower parts of houtson...... im surprised that hot04 is still in the area...i saw deer park as one that needs to evacuate.

Elantra_GT_chic
09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, in that case...we better start thinking of a back up plan. Maybe we could extend the meet by a week or so? What do you guys think?

paki
09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
for the backup meet, lets make it 2 weeks after this one's (so anytime after October 15th). i get paid bi-weekly, and asking 2 weekends off in a row = no money for me. only reason for me wanting to keep the october 1st meet is cash flow.. i asked off one weekend and that knocks out half my paycheck. but since theres lives at stake, it may be a better idea to postpone it.

i am currently in the works of finding another job.. so maybe it wont matter after a couple days. i'll let you guys know

and i've edited the first post for chilis

sleepergt
09-22-2005, 02:49 AM
so i motion for the meet to be postponed til sometime within october, thus making october 1st meet cancelled.....

anyone second?
anyone to close motion?

Elantra_GT_chic
09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I second that sleepergt. I strongly feel that the meet should be cancelled. We're not sure of what the hurricane holds for the people in Houston and elsewhere, so I think we should postpone next weekend's meet. How does everyone else feel about this?

01elantra4dr
09-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Pospone is good. I was going to evacuate but 18 to 30 hours to get to austin is not worth it so i'm going to stay. You will want some time to let the over flow of people to leave so when we meet it wont be that crowed. Houston was hard to get around after there Hurrican Katrina.

paki
09-23-2005, 12:30 AM
i guess we'll postpone it til oct. 15th.

Elantra_GT_chic
09-23-2005, 02:48 PM
so the postpone is official then?

str8ballerz
09-24-2005, 10:15 AM
i agree make it for the weekend of the 15th.

01elantra4dr
09-24-2005, 10:43 PM
15th sounds good.

To bad we had to delay for something that turned out to be nothing.

coco
09-25-2005, 12:56 PM

well since its been posponed till the 15th.....yes.

what ya need???

anytime

guess......lol its mario. Oh and if any of ya DFW peeps wanna get together for the pre-meet to drive down heres my cell # 817-808-3658

Mods:
custom gunmetal grills, 17" Konig Imagines on Nitto Neo-Gens, complete 97 tibby suspension swap, Apex 3.25" drop springs, CAI, Throttle-bypass, complete custom exhaust no cats w/2.25 mandrel bent piping, Apex i N1 titanium tipped muffler, Cherry bomb resonator for back-pressure, 1.8L tibby headers, Sony MP3 headunit, Clarion EQ, Legacy Crossover, 2 Volfenhag 800W amps, 2 12" Volfenhag 1000W subs, 1 Farad Hammer Cap, and custom sub box built by me. All the mods on my XD i have put on myself even the exhaust system.

paki
09-25-2005, 02:19 PM
ok so the 15th sounds good. im gonna guess that everyone that said they'd be there on the 1st can make it the 15th?????? please let me know ASAP whether its by PM, email, or this thread. thanks

mario i'll update the first post with your info when i get home, i'm at work now :)

as far as cell numbers go.. i know miki and troy have mine, if anyone else needs it send me a pm.

paki
09-26-2005, 12:04 AM
bump i updated your info earlier onto the first post, people please let me know if you're not attending

paki
09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
bump good looks like everyone who was attending the last one will attend this one! keep the ideas coming people

tharptroy
09-29-2005, 04:19 PM
hey paki, Im no longer going to be able to attend...stupid hurricane rita.

sleepergt
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
i might be able to make it..dont know for sure......i was kind of hoping a little later with in the month or something....but i will let you know...

Hot04Elantra
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm an ifee now too, man. Cuz of the Hurricane, funds are not what they would normally be for me right now. Its still a possibility tho...

paki
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
well remember its been postponed til the 15th

johnblaze94
09-30-2005, 12:18 AM
I'll go depending on the gas prices at the time. I'll bring whatever. People can follow me there from houston thanks to the Avic N2 navigation! WE WONT GET LOST!!! :)

Just need to know where and what time

paki
09-30-2005, 03:05 AM
if it comes down to it we can postpone it or just reschedule the entire thing. it might be a better idea to post a whole bunch of dates that everyone thinks they'll be available and go from there... i dont know

01elantra4dr
09-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Most of the week ends in October.

johnblaze94
10-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I can get any weekend off as long as i know in advance at least a week

paki
10-01-2005, 02:33 PM
same with me.. come on guys lets figure out a date that ALL of us can get together.. not just half or whatever. since october 15th seems like a drag for a couple of you.. what weekends are you free?

coco
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
hummmm hopefully its the 15th...... or sometime soon to that. cuz i probably wont be able to make any meets past october well i might it all depends on the funds. after all i am moving in 5 months and i need to start saving for that.....

paki
10-02-2005, 12:20 AM
15th.. unless anyone else has any better ideas. austin @ the chilis thats shown on the first post (at the moment).. unless anyone has any better ideas. idk what else to say..

johnblaze94
10-02-2005, 05:02 AM
That sound good to me...

If there are no objections by tomorrow night, I'll request the day off.

paki
10-02-2005, 04:40 PM
i need the objections before tonight 6:15. i get off work at 615 and its a hassle for me to come back monday to de-request the day off

2 and a half hrs left for objections :)

Elantra_GT_chic
10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I guess it's the 15th. I'm still in the process of finding out whether Ryan and I can make it or not. We're aiming for it though.

paki
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
im officially not coming to this.. i'd much rather save my money right now and wait til next year for an "all of tx" type of meet. sorry everyone.

Hot04Elantra
10-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm out right now too. Me and my soon-to-be wife are looking at houses and I need to be saving money for our home and family.

Elantra_GT_chic
10-03-2005, 10:48 PM
It sounds like there's nobody coming anymore. I'm probably out as well. Is there going to be a meet at all?

paki
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
idk about for austin... but a couple of us in the dfw area decided that we're gonna have a meet whether its in austin or not.. so we're having a dfw meet the same day. cheaper for us plus i still have a handful of mods coming up and i wanted to make sure they'd be done before any long driving

Troy was telling me that austin is going through a lot of construction so the roads blow

dutchtrumpet
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
newb here...really want to meet up but my wife and I are also buying a house. Can't plan a thing 'till start of November.

paki
10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
dutchtrumpet--me, Tharptroy, Sleepergt, and probably Coco are going to have an elantra+ meet (not just elantras.. basically any car) so if you'd like to join us pm me for more details

Gregster
10-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I'd like to go, but dont know if ill get there too late. I have class from 9:00-12:00 on saturday. Driving from San Antonio to Austin takes about an hour and change. Who ever is the coordinator...pm or email me the info. [email protected]

str8ballerz
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey there gents and lady, it does not look like I will be able to make it either,,, drum roll,, thanks to transferring to another state, so it looks like I will be in another regional area. Sorry I didnt get to meet any of you I was looking forward to seeing some other modded elantras and talking shop with a few of you. Anyway y'all (thats how you texans say it right?) keep it real..

Late,
Paul