help plz [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: help plz

felex
09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i want to drain all the coolant, not just the radiator but the engine block too! I know about the drain cock below the radiator, but is there another drain plug elsewhere to drain the engine block,i have looked in the factory service manual & owners manual, but no mention of it. help plz.

2loud2k2xd
09-28-2005, 08:36 AM
you will need to do a coolant flush to get all the coolant out. open the drain valve and remove the radiator cap. put a hode in the radiator and run the car. use the hose water to flush out all the old coolant. this should remove all coolant inside the engine. i do this to my winter car and i would imagine it will work on just about any car.
hope this helps, dave

felex
09-28-2005, 08:49 AM
so this is done when the engine is at operating temp/thermostat is open right?but i really want to know if there is another drain plug somewhere on the eng to drain the block. on my 97 altima there was a drain plug on the pipe coming from the water pump.

2loud2k2xd
09-28-2005, 12:47 PM
yeah, just let it run with the water going into the radaitor. this will flush it all out. then shut off car and drain all water from radaitor and refill with coolant/water mix.

felex
09-29-2005, 06:19 AM
got it, thanks! :)