Haynes Manual [Archive] - Hyundai Elantra Forum

: Haynes Manual

goldcroat
12-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey guys, just thought I'd let eveyone know that there is a Haynes Manual for the Elantra XD. None yet for the XD2 as far as I can see. The one I found was on Ebay. It covers the the '96 model elantra up to the '01. The '01 engine IS in there. Apparently, the XD wasn't much of a change from the RD engine. It seems to also cover the J2 engine. However, the Haynes Manual doesn't refer to them by the engine code, but rather the designation provided by the VIN. Of course, they tell you how to read the VIN designation. This book covers the XD engine only in the '01 iteration, but I don't see how it could change up until the '03 which is what I have.

Anyways, I've got the ISBN here. I bought mine off of Ebay, but I suggest your local car parts store (i.e. Napa, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.):

The ISBN 1 56392 451 X

The SKU is 0 38345 43010 7

For anyone who doesn't feel comfortable working on their car when they don't know what they are doing, I definitely suggest this guide. I like my car, and like to work on it; but it's often unnerving when I don't know what to do and I'm 'flying blind'.

ArunSenior04
12-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I think a few people have gotten this and said that for some stuff its similiar, but there are alot of parts that are a bit different.

mrhoaf
12-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I bought one and I wouldn't recommend this book to XD owners.

it says it covers 01, and even has an XD on the cover, but it's more for the 96-00 car. Example: it says the fuel filter is under the hood, but it was moved to the gas tank on the XD. one some things it will make a note that the 01 is different, but on the fuel filter it didn't.....

southpawboston
12-01-2005, 09:47 AM
anyone who wants a manual for our cars is much better off getting the real deal, the official shop manual... you can usually get it from hyundaipartsonline for under $50, and even cheaper on ebay, but they don't come up on ebay often. i got mine for $30 used on ebay.

Bnystrom
12-01-2005, 10:20 AM
anyone who wants a manual for our cars is much better off getting the real deal, the official shop manual... you can usually get it from hyundaipartsonline for under $50, and even cheaper on ebay, but they don't come up on ebay often. i got mine for $30 used on ebay.
For that matter, you can just use the online manuals at: www.hmaservice.com